Air conditioner leaking???

WE camped in our new 3914 (awesome coach!!!) for a week and a half in which it rained about 90% of the time (bummer). While running the living room a/c (do not have the 2nd unit for comparison), it began to drip water inside the coach. It was very humid and raining, so I thought it might be condensation. That night, it was too cool to run the a/c, raining so we couldn't open the windows or our fantastic fans (which are indeed FANTASTIC), so we just ran the a/c fan to get some air circulation overnight. The next morning, water was dripping heavily inside the coach-too much to be just condensation. After that happened, the a/c compressor continued to run, even after it was turned OFF at the thermostat. The only way to get it to stop was to switch off the breaker. I wanted to consult the owners manual, but I don't seem to have received one in our appliance manual packet. Note that no water drips when the a/c and/or fan is turned off, and our unit was slightly off-level(low in front)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
nikkita1956, This is something you will have to get back to your dealer for them to diagnose. Others on the Forum may have had a similar situation but for sure you should have your dealer check it out.

tmcran

Were you running the A/C on low or high speed? Sometimes it is necessary to run on hi if the humidity is high. I had the same thing happen to me and it was condensate. These units are tight and the humidty has to be vented somewhere. IMO.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Check the bolts that connect the inside part of the unit to the outside. The bolts pull the top outside unit down onto the coach and actually squeeze it against the outer seal. Ours leaked the same way during the first rain we had and slightly discolored the ceiling around the AC. The unit was set on top of the coach and inside section attached with the four bolts but they were never tightened. I could spin them with my hand easily. The rain was just running under the seal and inside the coach. I tightened the bolts and have not seen a drop of water since then and have been through some heavy rains since that time. Another of the many, many quality control problems I have encountered with my Heartland coach. :(

Resolving the a/c issue

Hey, everyone!

Steve from Heartland read my post about the a/c problem and contacted me. Looks like a faulty a/c unit, and Steve gave me the number to call for Dometic to service it....Thanks Steve!!! He also is resolving another issue we have with a faulty water pump.
Kudos to Heartland customer service!!!:):)