Remove Oven

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Thinking about removing the oven because we do not use it. We are thinking about putting the ice maker we have in the opening. Size of ice maker is 17" x 17" X 14". From what I can determine with the oven in place the ice maker should fit. How much finishing will be necessary when oven is removed? I do want to put in a roll out shelf so when I want to use the ice maker I can pull it out for proper air flow. Has anyone taken the oven out, and what did you find?

Uncle Rog

Novel Idea..........

Hey Tom, god knows I love a cold cocktail, but isn't your stove part of the oven unit?

tweber

Roger, It looks like 2 units. I asked Jim Fenner about my idea and he did not say stove and oven were one. I will check further.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, ok Tom. Get a case of beer and I'll grab my hammer, pry bar, Sawzall and drive over and we can have that baby out in two minutes tops. Take a few pictures and then we will find out what is in there. Then post your mod. Sound like a plan?
Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It's definitely a 1 piece unit. It sits in the opening and is held in by several screws through the sides into framework of the base cabinet. It's an unfinished area also. You could probably get a 3 burner cook top to replace the stove/oven unit. It mounts the same way and would leave a hole below it for the ice maker. You could mount the icemaker on a piece of finished wood with drawer glides under it for a pullout. There ain't nuthin that can't be done. Just how ya go bout doin it.:D

billd

You could get just a stove top, and fabricate an enclosure where the oven was to hold the new top. Then you could build out the lower area where the oven was for your ice maker.

Delaine and Lindy

I agree about not using the Stove oven we haven't used a oven since the Convection/Microwave were put in RV's. We just ordered a new 5th wheel and we had them delete the oven, and it will have sliding drawers. GBY......

tweber

Cookie, you are still rolling right along. Yesterday you were asking why and today you are hunting for beer. What's next?

Thanks, Ray. I took a closer look and figured it was one unit and I would need a stove top. I think this a topic to discuss at the rally. That way Cookie will get his beer and we can look things over first hand.

Crumgater

We use our oven all the time - and would like to upsize the 16" to a 22"... if any of you have an extra 22" sitting around, let me know.... maybe we can make a deal?