OuterBanks, NC

My wife and son and 4 friends went down to the Outerbanks 2 weeks ago and stayed at the KOA right next door to the Cape Hattera's campground were the east coast weekend will be at. I have stayed at KOA's in the past(while tent camping). I was impressed with the facility and the staff. I had come down later in the week to meet up with them and when i arrived they were expecting me. They had working about 10 employees. The site they gave my wife was close to the front and a pull through for her first time pulling a camper.. (they put her on a end site with our 35.5 footer). All the bath houses were clean and everything worked.If i was to go again i would go for the full hook-ups at the far end close to the beach.. The beach is private and roomy for all activities. They are very pet friendly and lots to do for small children. Putt putt and 2 pools with a game room.
If you are looking for a place that is quite but still a short drive back to the classic tourist activities this may be for you..

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Thanks for the info about this Outerbanks KOA campground. We are planning a trip next May to lower VA and the Outerbanks area and will keep this campground in mind.