Issues with our A/C

tjkutsko

We Have a Sundance 3300RLB. We have had it since April and we love it. But we are having a problem with the air conditioner. The Bedroom in the front, our bedroom, has like no air blowing out the vents and the room is so hot you can barely be in it. Same with the bathroom. The kid's area with the loft is the coolest area in the whole camper. What can we do? It seems like if you are checking the vents some are blowing and some aren't. The ones in the bedroom and bathroom almost nothing is coming out.

Please help
etjkutsko@cfl.rr.com

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
tjkutsko, This sounds like it may be something blocking the ducts to the front bedroom area. The best suggestion I have is to get it to the dealer for them to inspect. A number of us have modified our a/c ducts to enhance the flow with great success but if you have a blocked duct that would have to be corrected first. Read post #112 in this thread. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1069&highlight=tent+vent&page=2

mierwins

I bet it's just the way it's designed and the runs or angles in the ducts. Ours is the same way and we got our 3300RLB in early May. It blows, but the most cold air comes from the duct right by the A/C unit in the kitchen. It seems the back bedroom is the second coldest with the front being pretty warm.

You can see my post looking for "closable" vents which I thought would be a solution. I found this to be a problem on our first trip with the unit. Unfortunately I was unable to find any closable vents that would be exact replacements. It seems the company that makes our vents does not make ones in the same size that can be closed at the vent.

I'm not to fond of rigging up some foam packing material as a makeshift vent. It would be like saying, hey, look at our nice new trailer but don't mind the foam I use to correct the airflow distribution issue.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When the tmk "tent in the vent" modification is complete, there is nothing visible that would make anyone aware there was ever anything wrong in the first place. What the modification does is guide or direct the air flow from the a/c into the ducts and out the vents so there is as little resistance as possible. The end result! Happy Campers in a cool Trailer. I'm a believer because I did the mod to our trailer. Total time spent, a couple of hours maybe.

D

Dave Willis

I have sent this to our service dept. to see if they can help you.

Thanks,

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
When the tmk "tent in the vent" modification is complete, there is nothing visible that would make anyone aware there was ever anything wrong in the first place. What the modification does is guide or direct the air flow from the a/c into the ducts and out the vents so there is as little resistance as possible. The end result! Happy Campers in a cool Trailer. I'm a believer because I did the mod to our trailer. Total time spent, a couple of hours maybe.

I whole heartedly agree with Ray , a great improvement. I could stand on my tippy toes with arm outstretched and could barely feel it blowing. I then added the " tent in the vent " and can now sit in my chair and feel it blowing. It is truly simple to make I used the metal from a soda can , just cut the ends out and split the can. I think a beer can would work better but would have to have at least a 6 pack and would probably took me longer to complete job.:D....Kenny

P. S. Thanks TimK for the mod.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
If I bought the six pack would you do mine for me? :D

Would be happy to but for you Mike it would cost a 12 pack. :D Look the bright side I would share. I think everyone is a little afraid to do it and seems harder than what it really is . Once you drop the cover the how to is easy to understand and really does improve the flow. If we can meet up would be glad to do it for you does'nt take long at all, just make sure the beer is cold.;) Kenny

P.S. Miss your smiling face on chat.