Disappointment in Heartland Warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beaver00

In early May, my wife and I traveled to Elkhart for some warranty issues. Heartland directed us to RV Capital for the work. Upon arriving, we found out they have NO factory connection to Heartland. They're just another dealer. One of our issues was the kitchen slide was tearing up the vinyl. They ajusted the slide, completed the other issues and we continued our trip. After leaving, we noticed they had made the problem WORSE. When we returned from our 2 month trip, I called Heartland and told them of my issue and asked if a local dealer could make the adjustment . They said "NO", we had already paided RV Capital and it was NOT their problem. If we wanted, we could return to Elkhart(710 miles) and take it up with RV Capital. I also put a call in to the Service MANAGER, he has not returned my call. If this is how they treat their owners, I'll NEVER recommend someone buy a Heartland.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, I read other brand forums as well as this one. All the same problems. Just the name changes. So I guess that some people will never be satisfied no matter what brand of coach they own. Me, I'm a why kinda guy. I always think why?. You know, like why would I travel 710 miles to have something fixed, when I have local people to do it. Why would I not check the repair work before traveling 710 miles home. Why would I expect someone from the factory to diagnose my tire wear over the phone, when there is a dealer near me in Alaska that can actually look at it. Why would I expect my doctor to tell me what's wrong with my stomach over the phone. After all, she is the professional. Lost all credabilty with that one.
Just venting a little. Thanks for reading.

Peace
Dave

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
One thing that I have learned on this forum is there is always more to the story. That means boths sides of the story. Be wary of basing your opinions on someone else's snipits of information. Remember, we haven't heard Heartland's side yet.

Beaver00,
Might have been a good idea to check on those fixes before you left RV Capital. Not to throw salt in the wounds but ...

geekrus,
Not sure why you continue to "poke the bear" as it were. You are not adding anything valuable to the forum, only stirring the pot. What are you getting out of it? The rest of us are growing weary.

Mark

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
It never ceases to amaze me when someone has an issue with their unit, there is always someone who thinks the Manufacturer, etc., is "no longer a quality organization"! Give me a break...

First, on forums most of what is written concerns problems and issues on particular units...very rarely does anyone post when "things are great"! And second, it will be a very rare occurance when there is NOT another side to the story. We are only hearing one side here, and judgement, one way or the other, should be reserved until both sides are heard...JMHO...

Beaver00

Cookie, I traveled 710 miles because that's what MY LOCAL dealer and the FACTORY recommended. The local dealer could NOT solve one of our issues. Enough said!! Also, as for checking before leaving, The slide did not cause a problem after two or three cycles, it's only after repeated cycles that the problem became evident. Understand!

Beaver00

Kakamper, Iam willing to give Heartland a chance to respond and express THEIR side of the issue but they WON'T return my call and Iam willing to post their side also!!!

kakampers

Kakamper, Iam willing to give Heartland a chance to respond and express THEIR side of the issue but they WON'T return my call and Iam willing to post their side also!!!

Beaver00...my comments were in no way directed at you or your issue. I apologize if that's what you thought. The person it was directed at knows who they are.

I will say though, that contacting Heartland directly with these issues is a better way to go...complaining here on the forum is not the best way to get them to listen to your issues. As for the Service Manager not returning your call, I don't know when you left a message, but I can tell you that he is on vacation this week. You may want to call back and talk to somewhere else in his absence...just a thought.

Beaver00

Thanks for the info kakamper. I called the end of last week for him. I first talked with the service rep for our area and he's the one who told me "not our problem". I probably won't have been so mad if he had been a little more owner friendly.

Pulltab

Man, calm down brother. You're gonna pop a cork. Heartland is a great company but sometimes things so off kilter. Take a step back and realize its not that big a thing. They will get your slide fixed. It all seems so terrible but your anger is fueling your fight and its just making things worse. If it is such a terrible thing, stop in a dealer and get them to adjust it and work on the blame after you got your problem fixed.

Heartland will help you but trashing them is doing no one any good. I believe you will find more stories of them helping people out beyond their responsibility than you will people they haven't.

geeksrus

And second, it will be a very rare occurance when there is NOT another side to the story. We are only hearing one side here, and judgement, one way or the other, should be reserved until both sides are heard...JMHO...

I agree that there are many sides to any story. With this in mind, this morning I asked Jim B. to provide me with his email address & that of the CEO of Heartland so that I can provide them with a list of most of the problems I've had since I've had our unit.

I'd be most interested in hearing why they don't think that my Heartland coach has quality problems.

Eh!

ps: I've decided to up my critisism of Heartland's overall coach quality since my latest incident with a broken leaf spring. Both I & the local service company owner that is working with me feel that we we're kind of lucky that my tires didn't explode & cause serious damage to our coach & perhaps bodily harm to my wife & I.

If anyone would like to see my list of faults or see pictures of the damage caused by the broken leaf spring, contact me at cgawkk@gmail.com.

geeksrus

geekrus,
Not sure why you continue to "poke the bear" as it were. You are not adding anything valuable to the forum, only stirring the pot. What are you getting out of it? The rest of us are growing weary.

Mark

See my post just above. I feel when some one causes me concerns regarding 'bodily harm' to my wife & I, I have the right to be a pain-in-the-***.

Eh!

Pulltab

Geeks, Heartland didn't supply the springs, why do they get the blame. If your fridge takes a crap is that their fault also? We have all had issues with our coaches I bet, but you know what? If you buy an rv and think it will be trouble free you are only fooling yourself. I have had my share of problems but they helped me get them resolved and in the end that is ALL you can ask from a company. I bet if the spring on your car broke you wouldn't get any satisfaction from trashing them. Heartland tries hard to help their customers, we all know that no one is 100%, its an unfortunate fact. Perhaps if you spent as much time with someone at Heartland working on your issues as you do trashing them here you would get better results.

We have no power to help you, what is it you guys want, all of us to hate them because you have problems?

Work with them, or I hear Monacrapo has rv's for sale :D:p if you really want be crapped on, try them :D EH!

Beaver00

Follow-up on above post. Heartland service has contacted me on the above issue and Iam sure we'll resolve it where everyone will be happy. I also want to add that we are very pleased with our Landmark and it has far fewer issues then our VERY expensive Beaver motorhome which is what we had before our 5er.

Pulltab

Good to hear Beaver! Communication is the key!
thumbup-1.gif

geeksrus

Geeks, Heartland didn't supply the springs, why do they get the blame. If your fridge takes a crap is that their fault also? We have all had issues with our coaches I bet, but you know what? If you buy an rv and think it will be trouble free you are only fooling yourself. I have had my share of problems but they helped me get them resolved and in the end that is ALL you can ask from a company. I bet if the spring on your car broke you wouldn't get any satisfaction from trashing them. Heartland tries hard to help their customers, we all know that no one is 100%, its an unfortunate fact. Perhaps if you spent as much time with someone at Heartland working on your issues as you do trashing them here you would get better results.

We have no power to help you, what is it you guys want, all of us to hate them because you have problems?

Work with them, or I hear Monacrapo has rv's for sale :D:p if you really want be crapped on, try them :D EH!

Heartland supplied the springs made by Lippert... if Heartland's quality standard is to supply inferior components (Lippert springs, Coby systems, Apollo microwave/convection ovens, etc) it is a reflection on them!

kakampers

Heartland supplied the springs made by Lippert... if Heartland's quality standard is to supply inferior components (Lippert springs, Coby systems, Apollo microwave/convection ovens, etc) it is a reflection on them!

GeeksRus...if you check you'll probably see that even some high-end units, i.e., Mobiles Suites, etc., use Lippert frames and springs. I agree the Coby was very inferior...notice they don't use it anymore, and haven't for sometime. When it died we replaced it and went on...and as for the Apollo...mine is over two years old and going strong.

If you're that unhappy with your unit, maybe it's time you traded it for something else, with more expensive components (and a much bigger price tag), that will suit you better. Trashing Heartland, who has listened to their customers and made appropriate changes when necessary, actually is a bad reflection on you...not them.

P.S. As for your current situation with a broken leaf spring...have you ever weighed your unit? If not, how do you know you haven't contributed to that failure? If Heartland products were the only units out there with leaf springs breaking, I'd say you have a beef...but they're not...it happens even on units without Lippert Springs. You could even have too much weigh on one axle and not enough on the other. I know, we did and had to correct the situation before we had axle issues...that certainly wasn't Heartland's fault.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Geeksrus, I really dont want to stir the pot. As said in an earlier post here. Why blame the coach builder for everything that goes wrong. Seems to me that the only thing that HL builds is the body of the coach. Everything else is out sourced.
This is Patty's and my story about something we bought. We both wanted a new home for once in our lives. We found one we liked. Paided 500K for it. For the next 18 months our downstairs was under water for most of that time. 1st time after 3 days living in the house the dish washer blew up and flooded the downstairs. All the "real" hardwood floor was ruined. The dishwasher was from sears. So now whom do I blame, the home builder, sears who?? Should have the builder turned everything on to make sure it all worked..absolutly.....should sears have ran an QC on the unit....I think...yes. Did it take them 6 months to repair our home...yes...where we angry...yes. This was just the 1st time it happened. It happened again 4 months later...."AGAIN"....leaking water pipe in the kitchen wall. This time it came complete with mold in the walls, had been leaking awhile. Floor and now base cabinets all ruined this time. Another 6 months while they fought over who was going to pay for it. So if you think I am making this up, I will post the pix of Pat, myself and the hound sitting on our patio with only the kitchen sink, thats all that they could save, in the Riverside Press Enterprise newspaper.
Now, we have all had some problem with our HL products. We have owned lots of rigs over the past 40 years. But, please tell me of any other coach builder that will stand up and take care of stuff like HL does. Name 1. If you want results, then go about it the right way. Stop yelling and start with customer service. Posting rants and raves on here will probably not get anyone too far. I/we have never had a problem with HL service. Most of the problems were at the dealership level. My 2cts.. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.