Deep Cycle Battery Question

LookN4Ward

I am assuming the trailer will have a deep cycle battery when delivered. I do not plan to rely on the battery when using the trailer, but I do want to be able to fall back on it in the event of an outage. After some research on maintaining and keeping a deep cycle battery charged it raised some questions.

1. What is the Amp/Hour rating for the battery that comes with the trailer?
  2. Does the electrical service keep the battery charged when using the 30 amp service?
  3. What type of deep cycle battery comes with the North Country and where is it located?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
LookN4Ward, Welcome to the Heartland Family & Forum. On your questions. The dealer will be the one adding the battery to your Trailer. I would expect at least 600 to 700 CCA. Yes, the onboard converter maintains the charge on the battery. You will have to monitor the water level to be sure it doesn't go dry. I check about every month. The same converter runs all the 12 volt lights and controls for your appliances so when you're parked and not plugged in, make sure everything is turned off. While traveling, your tow vehicle provides voltage to maintain everything as you go down the road. As for the brand, it will depend what your dealer sells/provides. Your dealer SHOULD show you everything you need to know when you take delivery of your new toy. Have Fun & Travel Safe.