BigHorn 3500RL

JoeW4300

We purchased the Heartland from **** in May of 2005 . At the risk of seeming a mal-content I would like to list some of deficiencies we have had;
Slide toppers improperly installed at the factory,
Lights that didn't work,
Sliding doors that won't stay in the travel position,
Drawers that won't stay closed,
Leaking shower,
Slide leaks, both traveling and stationery,
Floor torn up when retracting the slide,
Hydraulic pump leaks,
Sink drain hose kinked making for a slow drain from kitchen sink,
Electric cables not fastened to the chassis, brackets just hanging loose,
Fresh water tank won't hold water,
Fresh water tank gauge has never worked,
Black water drain problematic, never been right,
Fantastic vents won't open in hot weather,
Pantry ill fitting, opens during travel,
Seals around slide outs are so poor that you can see light around the seals,
The list goes on and on.
This is our our seventh RV so we are not "newbies". It is our last Heartland!
The factory is un-responsive. They only like "good news".
They talk a good game but they are unable to produce.:mad:

jimtoo

I was wondering, did you work through your dealer or go straight to the factory level. In most cases you need to give your dealer a chance to make the repairs first. If you cannot get repairs that you need, then contact the factory for help.

I am the proud owner of a 3055RL and it has it's share of problems, but my dealer is really working hard to correct my complaints. And I will continue to work through my dealer until something comes up that they will not or can not correct. Then I will rely on the factory.

J

Jim_1899

I just purchased the same 5th wheel last month and I hope that you are able to work through each of the items on your list. In 1997 I had our home built and you should have seen the list that I had but one by one we had things fixed and after all, looking back I would buy the home again in a second. I hope that in time you will enjoy your Big Horn 3500RL.

Scott

Bighorn

Joe-
First of all, I apologize that your coach got out of here and out of our authorized dealer with the problems you described.
I am going to assume that you have already contacted your purchasing dealer and taken the coach in for repairs. If not, this is the first step in getting these issues taken care of.
Not knowing where exactly you are at in the country - I can't tell which of customer service reps to work with - but I can tell you to give us a call at 574.262.8030 to talk with the factory direct.
I can assure you that our customer service team not only cares - but is very competant. We have gathered the best individuals that the industry has to offer - from Newmar; Keystone; Jayco; Damon and Forest River. Each of these individuals were hired by me personally and I am involved in their work every day. That is why I am going to assume that the "..factory not being responsive" comment came from your dealer.

Give us a call, and which ever customer service rep. for your area of the country will be involved in making sure your coach is repaired correctly and quickly.

Scott Tuttle
VP Heartland Recreational Vehicles

JoeW4300

Thanks for the reply. The trailer has been at the dealers for over a month now. Serious frustration is setting in here.
Again, thanks.

JoeW4300

Thank you for the phone number. I will indeed call. FYI the trailer has been at the dealers for over a month now. I really don't want to bad mouth the dealer at this time as I think an effort is being made to fix the problems. Service the first time was good. I didn't even list all those problems.
Thanks.

Wild Wind

Sounds like your a petty impatent person, maybe you should bring your Bighorn to the Rally for the factory reps. to look at it in person, pat you on the back and tell you that they are going to fix it.
I think that you were expecting too much to buy a new trailer with out a page full problems, and a Dealer that wants to fix trailers from a factory senting them problems to fix, instead of just selling carefree units that make their customers happy.
I bet your truck came from the factory without problems and the dealer repairs the truck the first time quickly without another trip back.
I am lucky, in that I now have a great truck/dealer (after 4 trucks in 8 years), and in the past 30 years past have owned good to great carefree RV's until now.
See Ya at the Rally.

JoeW4300

Well first off, there was more than one page of defects. Secondly I don't know what your problem is with your toilet. Maybe you are full, never mind. If I was to get my problems fixed the rally would have to be held at the factory. I don't see where you are offering any help here; if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. I am certainly very patient as my BigHorn 3500 RL has been in the shop now for over four weeks and counting. A little patience on your part would help too. I bet you live close to where the rally is being held so you can probably make the trip without a breakdown. Heartland cheerleader sign ups will be held later.