Tire Pressure Monitoring System

SilverRhino

I'm considering purchasing a tire pressure monitoring system for my BC and TV. Have been looking at the Hopkins system.....is anyone using this system and if so.....what do you think of it??

Uncle Rog

The hopkins looks like the Doran or Pressure Pro with a little different receiver and costs about $100 more for an 8 sensor unit. Pick one and buy it you will not regret it.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We love our Doran TPMS and it has saved us a number of times. As far as we are concerned a TPMS is a must have item for safety.

jpmorgan37

I've had the Pressure Pro System for over three years now, and as the old saying goes, "Don't leave home without it". The peace of mind, as Pulltab says, makes traveling so much more enjoyable. One of our members, Pat McFall, here on the forum is a representative for the Pressure Pro System. I'm sure that Pat would be glad to answer any questions that you have.

John

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have used Pressure Pro since 2006. It has saved me at least 3 times. I have an extra sensor incase one fails. I have had two fail and they have been replaced at no cost. I had a gasket go bad and replaced it..

If I had a sensor fail I would pull one off my truck and place it on the trailer until I could get a replacement..

Never leave home with out it...
BC

Tom of Ypsi

Does any of the tire monitoring systems work, I do not know first hand but I do know what others have said and that is YES. We have a Pressure Pro, it shows the pressures of my tires like it is suppose to. We have never had a flat, never hope to but I do believe in the monitoring systems and will never be without one.

Delaine and Lindy

We are on our second set of the Pressure Pro System from Pat and Mike McFall. We sold the Truck and 5th wheel and I let the People who bought the combo talk me into selling the PPS to them (what was I thinking). But I did order another set before we got another 5er. I have only had one sensor go bad and of course it was replaced by Pat within a couple of days, great customer service. As others have said PPS is a great insurance and sure makes it easy to check the Air pressure. I agree with TexBobcat if I had a sensor go bad on the 5er I would take one from the Truck. Good Luck on your choice, but give Pat and Mike a call and you can get expert advice. GBY........

P.S. I just got a Freightliner M2 and just transfered the Sensors to it with no problem. Actually easier to get to the inside dual wheel because there is more room between the tires.

Pat McFall

PressurePro

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. We are available 7 days a week to answer questions, troubleshoot problems or assist with installations. You can contact me here on the forum, by email or by phone (850)294-0281.

The PressurePro System has been on the market for over 5 years and is the only "tried and true" system. It is also the only one "Made in America" as far as I know.

Safe Travels,

Pat
sales@pressureprosystem.com

Tom of Ypsi

Two important things to remember and mentioned by Pat "tried and true" and most importantly "Made in America"

Last edited:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Two important this to remember and mentioned by Pat "tried and true" and most importantly "Made in America"
Yup, Made in America!! Thats why I just ordered one from Pat.

Not sure where the others come from. If its China, the others might blow the screen out.:eek:

Dutch & Di

I'm considering purchasing a tire pressure monitoring system for my BC and TV. Have been looking at the Hopkins system.....is anyone using this system and if so.....what do you think of it??

We have been using the nVision by Hopkins since May. We have been very pleased with it. It is easy to install and I like the looks of the monitor. The price is quite reasonable and below what some of the others cost. Diana"

cjbearden

Visitor
We bought Pressure Pro at the Goshen Rally. Helped us right off the bat. Day after J.D. installed it, we were preparing to leave Goshen. He started up the truck and got an immediate warning that one of the truck tires was low. He then took the truck to a local tire shop where the spare was exchanged for the bad tire. The bad tire wasn't really the tire but the valve stem which had a bad center so it was traded out for a metal one. We were then able to hook up and take off. Love being able to monitor all the tires now so easily. Thank you Pat and Mike for attending the rally and bringing this item.

C.J.
P.S. Since I take care of the money, I was hesitant to spend yet another hunk of change after having all the MorRyde stuff installed; however, after seeing how well the PPS works, it was truly money well spent.

wazz_zup

I've been shopping around for a TMS and was wondering what do you guys think about this system? It monitors pressure and temperature. The batteries last 5-7 years.

http://shop.tsttruck.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=26

For $299 it's a better buy than the Pressure Pro HD Truck/5th Wheel model which only does the pressure. For the PP system it would be $205 + $200 in sensors for 4 wheels.
Both monitor up to 34 tires.

Pat McFall

I've been shopping around for a TMS and was wondering what do you guys think about this system? It monitors pressure and temperature. The batteries last 5-7 years.

http://shop.tsttruck.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=26

For $299 it's a better buy than the Pressure Pro HD Truck/5th Wheel model which only does the pressure. For the PP system it would be $205 + $200 in sensors for 4 wheels.
Both monitor up to 34 tires.

Just so you know, the PressurePro has a "High" Pressure alert. If the temperature in a tire rises to 24% above the original set pressure, the PP will alarm. The life of the batteries is not known for sure but our Sensors are over 5 years old and are not showing any signs of low battery. If I can answer any questions for you, let me know.

Safe Travels,

Pat

wazz_zup

Pat McFall

The TST has high pressure alerts as well. According to research on the IRV2 web fourm. Anyway, I haven't put my finger on that info on the TST site....http://www.tsttruck.com/Product_List.html
I just haven't heard of any talk here on the Heartland site about this TPMS. A lot of people like it. Pat do you know if this system is made in the USA?

Check out this guys install http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84/installation-of-the-tst-tire-monitoring-system-1663.html

No, the TST is made in China as far as I know. Let us know if we can help you.

Pat

jmgratz

Don't forget about the Doran TPMS. We have it and love ours. It has saved us a number of times. Doran was the original designer of the Pressure Pro, then sold the Pressure Pro and came out with another system. FYI The Doran and PP are similar systems but the Doran is several dollars less.

wazz_zup

Just so you know, the PressurePro has a "High" Pressure alert. If the temperature in a tire rises to 24% above the original set pressure, the PP will alarm. The life of the batteries is not known for sure but our Sensors are over 5 years old and are not showing any signs of low battery. If I can answer any questions for you, let me know.

Safe Travels,

Pat

You say if the temperature rises 24% above the set pressure. Did you mean if the pressure rises 24% over the set pressure?....thanks for all the help Pat! Sorry about all the questions....I'm just stingy with my $$$$.

jmgratz

Just remember when it comes to TPMS, for the most part you get what you pay for. Cheap price, cheap product.