Problems with our 3 week old 2010 Grand Canyon

Superduty

Grand Canyon
I am not new to Rv's. This is our 5th 5thwheel in 12 years. So I expect to have a few growing pains with any new RV.

But some of the issues I am having are just plain lazy workmanship. And I expected more from the Landmark RV.

1. - Shower leaked in so many places,,, I just resealed the whole shower cabinet.

2. - The carpet is frayed in two places, To replace means slides have to come out. So we are going to live with it...

3. - Five cabinet doors did not close after first trip out. (out of alignment) I have since repaired all.

4. - After taking delivery of RV, I checked all 4 tires.. They were at 70 psi, The RV has the Goodyear 614, and is suppose to be inflated to 110 psi. I only checked this because the RV was towed 1100 miles to the dealership and I noticed that the tires showed wear already.

5. - All A/C vents were coated with some black film. Took a few hours and a kink in the neck to clean all of them up.

6. - Bed slide would not work, It would open half way and stop...After further investigation. I had to replace the auto relay.

7. - The latest and most frustrating.. The doorside outside compartment door is broken. I got it put back together so we could tow home. After a call to the dealer, they were gonna replace my door with one from the lot,,, It was broke in the same place... these doors are glued together!!!!!:confused:. Now I have to wait 3 weeks to get a replacement, then take it to a body shop so that they can get the paint to match up. Along with the pin stripe. So for about 1 month we can not use the door.

8.- TV has 2 scratches in the screen,,, Gonna live with that also..

Now I know that some of these problems are petty. But I just expected more from the flagship of heartland.

On a positive note,, The insulation is exceptional, and it seems to pull easier than the BH 3670 we traded...

Whew, thanks for letting me vent.

jpmorgan37

Superduty;

I'm sorry to hear of the problems that you are having with your new Grand Canyon. Also, I am seriously considering a new Grand Canyon, not because there is anything wrong with my "Classic" but we really like some of the features of the new one. As a word of encouragement, since this is #5 fiver for you, once these issues are resolved, I know that you will love it. We just finished a 5000+ mile trip last week that was without incident and averaged 11.3 mpg on fuel. Yes, they do tow easy. The temperature in Savannah this week has topped 100 degrees several days. No problem keeping it cool inside (76) with two A/C's and dual pane windows. Yes, it does have great insulation. Good luck with your repairs and enjoy your new Grand Canyon.

John