Electric Jacks

larneal

I'm a new BH owner and I have a question. My BH 3385 has electric rear jacks which I really like but my question is: If I put leveling boards under the wheels on one side do I need to put the same size board under the jack on that side, or will the jacks compensate for one side being higher than the other. I hope this makes sense. My thinking is that the jacks work as one and I would need to board up on one side to make sure they grip at the same time, but I'm not sure of that. What I am sure of is that someone on this forum with have the answer. Thanks for you help.

Larry Neal

ChopperBill

Yep as the others posted. Dont be afraid to cinch 'em up kind of snug but dont get to carried away. You will find out it takes a lot of rock n roll out of the trailer.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Larry.. it is correct that the rear jacks are self leveling and you can place some pressure to stabelize the rear, but don't try to raise the rear.

The front landing gears are not self leveling. I had a SOB that use hydraulic landing gears that were self leveling.

If you get to much movement in the trailer check out the JT Strongarms. I did not believe they would do much good until I had them installed.

BC