To much for my 08 2500 Duramax 4x4 CC

joemama

I have interest in the 3010 Cyclone and I would like some feed back on the weight and pin weight. Will this truck work?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Joe, will it pull it, yes. Will it stop it maybe. You would be far better off with a 1tn DRW. That coach is HEAVY. my2cts...Bob

Bogger

I have the exact same truck pulling an Eagle (now Elk) Ridge 35 DSRL (similar size & weight) and I see no reason you can't pull that. I don't feel uncomfortable at all with my set up. Would it be better with a Dually? I'm sure it would. But your GVWR should be fine if you aren't loaded to the max.

That all being said, your pin weight is significantly higher than mine is. They are assuming you will be hauling a load in the back of yours, which in turn takes weight off the front. Running empty is going to sag your truck.

If you decide to go with this set up, I would suggest getting some air springs to help keep the truck level.

porthole

Retired
The 3010 is about 11500 dry and has a 14000 GVW.

The 2008 Trailer guide lists 13,600 as the max trailer for your truck.

I don't know why but the same guide for 2006 (my truck) has a 14,200 max trailer (5th wheel)

jimpav

We just pulled our 35DSRL 1300 miles form Mi to Iowa and return with a 2007 Duramax (3/4 ton, no air bags). Almost didn't even know it was back there. Truck and trailer ride perfectly level. Great combination.

TNT

We pull our 09 Cyclone 3210 with an 08 Ford Super Duty 4x4 no problem. It does have 3 axles though, which we like for added breaking power. Also didn't know it was back there.

Northern Virginia
Joe, will it pull it, yes. Will it stop it maybe. You would be far better off with a 1tn DRW. That coach is HEAVY. my2cts...Bob

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but here it is again- The Chevy/GMC 2500 and 3500 have the exact same brakes. Your stopping ability will not increase.

You will have better stability with a 3500/dually. Since my tow vehicle is also my primary vehicle, the dually wasn't for me

I have the 2500 and pull a Landmark but definitely not loaded. I am more than likely heavy but it handles, pulls and stops very well. The airbags give it a nice even ride and feel.

I think you will be very happy with the 2500

John

ChopperBill

I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but here it is again- The Chevy/GMC 2500 and 3500 have the exact same brakes. Your stopping ability will not increase.

You will have better stability with a 3500/dually. Since my tow vehicle is also my primary vehicle, the dually wasn't for me

I have the 2500 and pull a Landmark but definitely not loaded. I am more than likely heavy but it handles, pulls and stops very well. The airbags give it a nice even ride and feel.

I think you will be very happy with the 2500

John
Like newbie said. You have the exact same frame, rear axle, brakes as the 3500. Only difference is the tires and an extra leaf spring on the SRW. If you are like me a dually is not an alternative at this time. A tire up grade and a suspension up grade, air bags or super springs, and you will be good to go.

porthole

Retired
WIth any luck I can give you a real report in 10-12 days.

Mine is loaded including the washer/dryer and genset.

Yianni

This will be the exact setup I'll be using next year when I get my 3010.
2008 GMC D/A.

Good Luck!

caissiel

I have a F250 and pulled my old trailer with 3000Lbs hitch weight with tool boxes in the box weighing at least 300Lbs. As long as your tires are not overloaded you don't need a DWR. When the inner tire is flat on a dualy the single tire will never hold the weight I have in my box. As for flats Its much safer on a class E tire then on a Class D tires that some dullie have.