Trouble with Half-Time Oven

D and J

Hi, We are also having problems with our Appollo 1/2 time oven. But with ours, the M/W does not work. It runs, you can hear the fan but it does not cook. Of course we are out of warrenty.

Does anyone have any idea if there is another unit out there that will fit in the same space?

D&J
2008 3055RL Bighorn
2007 GMC 2500HD 4 door w/Duramax and Allison tranny

geeksrus

After ours croaked, the only thing we could find that would fit would be microwave-only units. Even most of these would need some carpentry. We wanted the convection oven also, so big bucks to a dealer to get another Apollo.

Eh!

csalmons

Out of Warranty Issues

D and J,

I am sorry to hear that the microwave is not working properly. There are a couple of options you have being out of warranty. You can call us here at Midwest Sales and we would be happy to share those options with you. You can reach us at 800-772-7262. Please ask for Tammi and she will be happy to assist you. Thanks.

charlie51

How much use did you guys get out of your half-time before it stopped working properly? I have a 09 Sundance with the half-time and was wondering what kind of life expectancy I could anticipate out of it.

csalmons

Charlie51,

A lot of the life comes out of how the unit is taken care of. When traveling don't store anything inside the microwave unit, including the glass plate and metal tray. Those things can bounce around in there and dent the inside and also break the glass and the turntable post. Don't slam the door shut because, as with any microwave, there are microswitches located inside where the hooks connect. If the door is slammed too often it can throw the switches out of alignment and the unit will not work properly. You can use the auto dry button on the unit after cooking fatty meals to get the moisture out of the inside as well. But keep in mind, things do go bad. I have had mine in my home for over 3 years with no problem, but Iknow other people have had issues, some multiple issues. All I can say is take care of it as you would any other appliance and you should be alright. If you have any questions just give us a call here at Midwest Sales and we would be happy to help. 800-772-7262.

geeksrus

How much use did you guys get out of your half-time before it stopped working properly? I have a 09 Sundance with the half-time and was wondering what kind of life expectancy I could anticipate out of it.

Ours was 1 year & 18 days.

Eh!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
charlie51, ours is over two years old, shows no signs of failure and cooks as great as when it was new. DW says that normally things fail right after warranty expires.

Peace
Dave

charlie51

Thanks for the info. We haven't had a problem yet, and I look at it like I would our home appliances, take care of them and they live longer. But at the same time I know there are some problems that will pop up that you can't control no matter how you treat them. Thanks for the replies.