Pressure fill water tank - 3670RL

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
Ok, I put a hose in the water tank and wandered away, and forgot about it.

While in the trailer talking on the phone I heard a pretty solid 'kunk' and realized the water tank had been filling away, unattended. Returned to find water gushing out of the vent.

So, I obviously pressure filled it and something let go/broke, somewhere.

What kind of damage can I expect from this, and to what should I point out to my service guy?

Thanks.
rickb

SmokeyBare

Rick,

The bottom of the RV needs to be dropped. Fresh Water Tank is located between the axles. I would only be making a guess here... but I would start to look for one or more of the supports that could have been damaged.

You didn't mention that the tank has dropped or that the belly material of the RV has buleged... so Lets Hope there is no damage to the tank it self.

Sure hope your problems are small... Good Luck !

Marv

Tom of Ypsi

It could have been a support for the fresh water tank. Have you crawled under the coach to see if a pronounced sagging is evident? It could have been the final burp of air coming out of the vent. I would check the coach more closely, make sure everything is connected, no leaks, before going to the dealer just for inspection.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Is it leaking somewhere? If not, the sound might have just been the tank "adjusting" to the load in it....and it's supposed to come out the overfill when full. You may not have any problem at all...

ChopperBill

Mine popped out of the mount when I first got it. Put it back in place and put a channel iron across the frame under the middle of the tank. With other mods done to the tank I can fill it to the max and get all the water out that I put in.

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
Not leaking, don't see any untoward bulges over the axels, although that cardboard-ey stuff is pretty uneven, under there.

I have to go to service anyway to address the six other things that need to be addressed - brakes, mostly.

Thanks for input.