3055RL has arrived!

ChopperBill

Dealer called yesterday and said our Bighorn was here! Drove to the dealership to take them my two V batteries to install for the prep. Have to say I was a little apprehensive, expecting the worst. The coach was not pre-delivered by the dealer but I wanted to make sure all the options and the color was correct. This thing looked so good I could of hitched up and pulled it away! The delivering driver even went to the car wash and cleaned it before he took it to the dealer. In outward appearance I found NO lack of quality control! I spent a good hour looking it over for problems. Found none! The DEALER had to point out an area on the counter top that had a scratch. They said they would fix it. I even went back to look at the said scratch and it took me a while to find it. Cant believe I forgot to see if it had the dual pane windows but the dealer looked and confirmed that they were there.
Maybe I was over whelmed at first site but came away happier than a pig in poop! If the quality control is lacking it has to be hidden deep in the walls some where. Time will tell.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Congrats on the new rig Chopperbill.
Ours is in the shop getting a few items attended to rightnow. Nothing major just small items. Take a creeper with you next time and go underneath to have a look. I found that the tubes and pipes where not foamed all the way around.
We love our 3055rl
Rand

Midastouch

:D How exciting for you! I can't wait to be "overwhelmed" in a few months! I'm looking for a way to get mine ordered and delivered sooner, if I can!

Trap

Congrats Chopper hope your first impression is a sign of things to come with your new rig. All the best.

Trap

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Congrats on your new BigHorn. How long was it from time ordered to delivery? I ordered a BigHorn 3500 the week of April 24th and am being told that is scheduled to come off the production line tomorrow. I expect to take delivery from 'RVs for Less' on June 5th. Really looking forward to that day.

ChopperBill

Ken: We ordered ours the third week of March. The dual pane windows are suppose to take 3 weeks longer. We wont pick ours up until next week. Didn't hurt the dealers feelings too bad as they are going crazy getting out things for the long week end. We are taking our Snowriver TC to the Snowy Range this weekend so we are in no hurry.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Congratulations ChopperBill

I can sense your excitement about the new delivery especially from all of the threads you recently entered or answered. The pictures are great to see what changes have been made. I particularly like the new vacuum you received. We took our Bighorn 3500RL off the lot and it didn't have the central vacuum. Anyway, good luck!!!

timk

anticipation

You know the bad thing about this forum is you hear all the bad things, and worry. But thats also the good thing about this forum.

Sadly for every problem you hear of there is most likely 50 rigs like yours, that come off the line just pretty darn nice.

Congrats, welcome to the club.

TimK

DennisZ

Bill
You're getting me envious... I'm waiting for my mew 3055RL, It's supposed to be done early next week. I like all the photos, and am encouraged by what look like an improved coach from the QC standpoint.

Hope you enjoy it!

J

jjjelm

Wow Bill your 3055RL arrived in good shape. We ordered our 3055RL on April 13 and John at Lakeland RV called yesterday to say it arrived!!! Now we just have the 1200 mile trip to pick it up....so anxious. We almost have driving the new truck...Chevy 1 ton diesel dully...mastered! Wonderful Wyoming!!

L'l John

How's your Air Conditioning working?

Hey Chopperbill,

I read a while back where you said that the check for your unit would not be written until your air conditioner was working correctly.

How is it working? Had a chance to check it out?

My new 3400RL is scheduled to come off line on June 9th. I am hoping for no major problems on delivery. Fingers & toes crossed. ;) :D
By the way, dealer said that my 3400 will be an '07 model. :D

ChopperBill

The dealer knows I participate in this forum and I mentioned problems with them blowing air. Not surprisingly they never had a problem. But did say when it gets real hot that a second air is needed. Will pick it up Thursday and find out. Pretty sure they wont do the "tent in the vent" modification so I will do that my self if needed. Here in the mountains of Colo I have only needed air in our TC a couple of times. The Honda 2000 wouldn't handle it a 8500 feet until I re-jetted it.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Congratulations Bill......we also went to our dealer today to close the deal and get an orientation on our 3055RL. We looked ours over VERY closely and found just a few minor things. As you said we also could not find any obvious flaws in fit and finish. They had a problem with filling out and printing our closing so we won't have it delivered probably until next week. No problem as we won't be getting our new GMC 2500HD Duramax with the Allison and other whistles and bells until next week. We also have to get the spray in bed liner done next week and then have the Reese 16K hitch installed, and I have to install the Prodigy brake controller. We're getting the optional pocket mount and GM wiring harness so it should be a simple job. Needless to say we're happier than a turkey feeding in our back yard........

Just wanted to add a few atta boys (and girls) to everyone at Heartland for putting out a good product. Hope we run across some of the forum users on the road in the next 5 years or more.

L'l John

Pocket mount

sislv said:
installed, and I have to install the Prodigy brake controller. We're getting the optional pocket mount and GM wiring harness so it should be a simple job.

sislv,
About the pocket mount, what is that? I have a Chevy 2500HD which is going to be equipped for towing by my Heartland dealer. I do have the wiring harness for hooking up the brake controller but would like to know about the pocket mount. Is that something from GM or Prodigy?
Thanks,

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Prodigy Pocket Mount

The "Pocket Mount" is a slide-in mount for the controller. Here is the URL with picture: http://www.tekonsha.com/tbsaprodacc.html

Part # 7686 instead of the "clam shell" bracket # 7685. I think it'll be handy to remove the controller easily so it can't be stolen when not towing. Also then there shouldn't be any power to the controller nor the electric brake circuit wiring.

Tom

We picked up our new B.H. 3055RL at Lakeshore R.V. in Muskegon today......they spent 4 + hours with us and we are camped here at a VERY nice site on a hook-up pad...they had gone over everything and the coach was all sparking clean for us. We had some items added (vent covers, 12 volt in the bedroom, bigger batteries) and installed today and they installed our hitch and brake and will finish up tomorrow . We were very happy with everything...didn't find any problems and will try out all the systems before we leave here Thurs. a.m. The day finally did arrive..yeah!! Wonderful Wyoming

jbeletti

WW,

Congrats on your new arrival. Happy to hear that so far, all is well. Be sure to give all systems a workout before you leave the dealer. Ask all the questions you can think of about systems that may seem mysterious to you.

See you on the road!

Jim

ChopperBill

Wyoming: We will be at Centennial this coming weekend, probably stay at the small camp ground by the old general store/motel or at the closed down dump station in our Snowriver TC. Stop bye if your around! Will be at Fox Park in the abandoned camp ground the week of July 17th. Stop bye there if your are around. Will be in our Bighorn for its maiden voyage then!