Toilet Flushing Problems

jopatk

We have a 2008 (2009 Model) 2998 RB Sundance. Absolutely love our 5er. Have been having problems flushing the main toilet. It explodes a large bubble when flushed and the water wont stay in the bowl sometimes. I have run the little plastic "thing-a-ma-jig" around the seal several times, but still, at times the water seeps on through. We also hear a gurgling after flushing. I believe the gurgling and bubble are somehow due to the vent not venting properly. I am constantly having to plunge the toilet. Is anyone else having this problem with their coach? Have not had this problem with the rear bathroom. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.None Happy camping!

jpmorgan37

Sounds to me like you have a blockage in your sewer line from the toilet to the black tank. The first thing I would try is to run a water hose (with water flowing) down through the toilet into the black tank and make sure that is clear all the way down. If that is open, go to the roof and remove the vent cover and do the same thing. Then really flush your black tank until nothing but clear water comes out. As far as the seal is concerned, most times you can remove the "throne" and clean the seal and reinstall it and it works well. I find that I have to clean ours about once a year. Hope this helps.

John

Pulltab

Yep, what he said. Be careful when you start running the hose down the toilet as if it is plugged it will fill up quickly.

jopatk

Thanks John for the help. You too Pulltab. It's been a few months, but I have run one of those flushers down the toilet to the tank and flushed it because I was having the problem when we were in So. Cal. I'll try that again and will also take the toilet apart to clean the seal real good. I also plan to put in one of the vent covers that swings around and puts fresh air into the holding tank. Thanks again. Happy camping.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Usually when the toilet 'burps' it is close to being full. This could be from a blockage causing it to seem full but not be full. I had toilet paper not go all the way down and block ours one time (SOB) and the toilet acted full even though it wasn't. I used a metal plumbers 'snake' to clear it and had no more problems.