Cyclone 3010 Grey Tanks

Yianni

Back in April of this year we looked at a new 3010. It had 2 gray dump handles so I assumed 2 gray tanks. The question is, are these 2 tanks connected? In other words, if one fills up will it spill into the other?
Thank you!

Mike Aplin

Thank you for considering our new 3010. This new floor plan has been a huge hit since its debut. The coach does have two tank pulls on it. One for the bathroom and one for the kitchen area. The tanks WILL NOT drain over from one to the next. They are independent tanks. I hope we can hear from you very soon saying that you now own a brand new 3010. Take care, Mike

Pulltab

My guess would be no, but I use one of those adapters you can put on the outlet that has a valve in it, that way you can open both greys and have them share capactiy and still have a blade shutoff at the outlet.

rtataryn

Yianni,

I quite sure they are not connected. My 3010 has 2 gray tanks in separate locations, 2 dump handles and two separate level indicators on the panel. One tank is for the bathroom shower/sink and the other for the kitchen sink. I've filled gray tank #1 with 5 people taking showers, while gray tank #2 stayed nearly empty.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
They should be separate. One is for the galley (kitchen) and the other is for the bathroom sink and shower and washing machine.

Yianni

I hope we can hear from you very soon saying that you now own a brand new 3010. Take care, Mike[/quote]

Thank you Mike. Shooting for next April.

My guess would be no, but I use one of those adapters you can put on the outlet that has a valve in it, that way you can open both greys and have them share capactiy and still have a blade shutoff at the outlet.

Pulltab,
can you explain how this works. I guess I don't understand if you have 2 totally separate tanks with 2 separate drains, how would opening both valves connect them?
Thanks a lot!

Yianni

Just a thought. How hard would it be to have the 2 grays connected at the factory? That would be great for dry camping.
Thanks!

Pulltab

Pulltab,
can you explain how this works. I guess I don't understand if you have 2 totally separate tanks with 2 separate drains, how would opening both valves connect them?
Thanks a lot!
The tanks are separate until you open the valves to dump them, then they share the same outlet pipe. By putting the outlet valve on the 2 grey tanks are now connected. Actually if you open the black tank you could then share all 3 tanks................obviously NOT a good idea but in theory you could.

Hope it makes sense. Think of it this way, without the outlet valve on, when you open the grey tanks they flow out the outlet, well now there is a valve preventing that so the 2 tanks now share the same line. I do this whenever we drycamp to make use of both tanks. They will seek the same level and fill equally unless one tank is mounted higher in the chassis than the other.

Yianni

OK, now I get it. I did not know they shared the same outlet pipe. Thanks for the clarification. Now I have a good solution for joining the two tanks.