3950 pin weight without genset

gpshemi

Not getting real far in my other thread. Perhaps I should have put it in ask the factory.

Been looking at Heartland products again and a 3950 in particular, but I'm concerned with the pin weight. I've been reading they're coming out heavier than claimed. I have a 3500, but it's a SRW and I'll be pushing the payload of it. Not terribly afraid of that since we don't tow it alot, we park it. I was wondering though, since we never dry camp (EVER), what about getting one without the Onan genset. Would this save much money and weight?

Thanks,
gpshemi

jbeletti

gpshemi,

Here's a link to what I believe is the generator we use in the Cyclone. Your looking at 290 pounds dry for the gen. Probably 350 pounds installed (gen, transfer switch, wiring, oil, sheet metal box, exhaust pipe etc. As for cost - probably around $6,000.

While my figures are estimates, these should be close enough for you to make the call.

Best of luck and hope to see you in a Heartland this year :) For more information, consider phoning Mike Aplin at the plant at 574-262-5992.

Jim

Mike Aplin

That is all great info. I just received the weight for the 5.5 KW Onan Gen that we use and the weight I found in the Onan owners manual was 280lbs. Sorry for the delay, I just wanted to make sure that I could find the correct info. Take care, Mike

gpshemi

Thanks for the help. I can safely say 300lbs then for a working number sounds like.

I'm mixed. We really like the 3950, but the 3912 sounds more realistic. Although I see forum member pulling the 3950 with Dodge SRW's...so...

Rigmover06

Pin Weight

I shoulda added this in the PM to you sorry.

I am scaling out at 15880 with Fresh water half full.
3 Bikes in the back. YZ250F,PW80 and a 110 CC Enduro.

All our rigging and the fueling station full.

Dan

gpshemi

Well rigmover06 is right. A dually just lowers the payload. If that's the case I might better stick to my rig.