front stabilizer jacks

Thanks!

I'm surprised the M21 doesn't have front stabilizer jacks. Any comments from M21 owners regarding the need for them?

Larry77

The M18 has them but the handle they provide bangs into the fiberglass...lol...why would they do that? I'm going to buy a longer one or just keep using my cordless drill...

kampfirekid

Thanks!

I'm surprised the M21 doesn't have front stabilizer jacks. Any comments from M21 owners regarding the need for them?

I'll bet yours is an early build. I'd call Heartland. I'd be very surprised if they don't offer to send them to you for free if you install them. Simple... a few screws.

Redfish

Our M21 has front jacks. The are installed in line with the frame. This allows the TT to wobble side to side nicely. I am going to attempt to do a patch to limit the wobble when mine comes back from the factory and dealer (rear wall, side walls an AC issues).
Redfish

Zeman

The M18 has them but the handle they provide bangs into the fiberglass...lol...why would they do that? I'm going to buy a longer one or just keep using my cordless drill...

E-mailed Heartland a couple of days ago--sending a longer handle crank to me .

Re: Front Stabilizer Jacks

Hi Paul,

I would think the easiest way would be pull the fuse or just disconnect the battery cable. Disconnecting the battery would also keep it from being discharged by parasite loads from detectors and radios or anything that needs the 12v if unit is not hooked to a/c power.

Jim M

I'd go with the battery isolation switch, mounted inside the battery compartment. I've got one I'll be installing sometime in the next few days. More for convenience than security, though.

The battery isolation switch gets my vote. My batteries used to be dead after two weeks of non use, but now they still have enough juice to raise or lower it after a month.