Satellite connection in BC

todalake

In our UDC we have 2 ports marked cable and 2 marked satellite. I trying to hook up a Dish500 satellite. Which port do I use for living room tv? Cable worked fine when down at Branson for rally. Still working on satellite signal. Got portable tv outside by dish to eliminated cable problems. When dish is aimed ok, then will hook up to port. Thanks.

Charlie Harris

Sat Hookup

On our Bighorn, there is a diaghram on the inside of the UDC door with Sat hookups. Ours in the #1 hookup was the correct one for the living area, yours may be different. The best way is to hook up direct thru a window,,and have the sat hooked up right,, then unhook and connect to your UDC connections to find the correct one. I also have to unplug my white, yellow, red, connector from the TV and go direct from my Sat box. I know there is a way to go from TV to DVD Amp and then Sat box, but I havent figured it out yet.

wdk450

Bighorn Cabling Diagram online

Todalake:
I couldn't find a similar diagram in the Big Country area, but there ia an audio/video cabliang diagram availible online in the Bighorn product area on the heartland website. Here is a link to the page where you select the download:
http://www.heartlandrvs.com/product...n&type=Luxury+Fifth+Wheels&section=downloads#

(If the link length is to much, from the home page select "products" then "Bighorn" then click on the "downloads" tab.)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have to run 2 cables from the dish to the 2 satelite plugs in the UDC, that way we have one receiver in the bedroom and one receiver in the living room. We have a 3 lnb dish so sometimes we will bring a receiver from home and run the TV in the bay area as well but that one has to run a cable directly from the dish to the receiver. The ever first time we set up the satelite, it was a trail and error finding which plug went where. After we figured it out, Nathan marked the bedroom plug in the UDC with a sharpie as B and L for the livingroom. Hope this helps.

SmokeyBare

The Receiver sends power through the cable to the Dish & LNB...

So When you attach the Receiver to the cable plug in the living room... it should send Voltage which you can detect with the use of a Meter... or by connecting a Satellite Finder Meter... and look for the Red power light on the Meter. This will tell you when you have the correct connection.

Marv

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Charlie, look to see if you have USB ports on any of your equipment. Makes everything work together. I had a friend hook ours up that way. Now we have sound when playing a DVD through the surround sound. Bob:D