angle of down angle slope of pin box to level

rick_debbie_gallant

I am going to have a reciever hitch built for my 3670rl that will mount on the down angle slope of the pin box. does anyone know what the down angle is to level. I am about 300 miles from my rig right now and was hopeing that someone could possibly help me out this weekend...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I am going to have a reciever hitch built for my 3670rl that will mount on the down angle slope of the pin box. does anyone know what the down angle is to level. I am about 300 miles from my rig right now and was hopeing that someone could possibly help me out this weekend...

Although I don't fully understand your question, I am at our 3670 at the moment. The rig is leveled and putting a spirit level to the pin box, I would hazard a guess that the angle on the plate is less than 10 degrees. I use a JT LVL-1 to set up, using the kitchen counter overhang next to the sink as the reference point.

rick_debbie_gallant

Thank you,

That was quick... In order to have the reciever level for the bike rack i need to know the angle of the downslope of the pin box as it relates to level of the trailer/truck or bottom of the hitch. I think you got it. I am in Kokomo, in and my niece is a welder. she is going to weld me up a reciever hitch to carry my bikes from the front of the 5th wheel. The reciever will be mounted to the "downslope" (lack of better way to describe it) of the pin box.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sometimes a picture can be used to determine an angle. This isn't a 3670 but it is a Bighorn and you may be able to "remember" if it's similar and or close to yours. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Copy of before1.JPG
    Copy of before1.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 74

JohnDar

Sometimes a picture can be used to determine an angle. This isn't a 3670 but it is a Bighorn and you may be able to "remember" if it's similar and or close to yours. Hope it helps.

Oops, my bad. I was looking at the plate, not the supports. Mine is covered with the plastic fairing, but taking another look, it looks like your picture. Maybe something in the order of a 25 degree angle.

rick_debbie_gallant

John:

so you think it might be about a 25 degree angle. Great
Thanks. I have the plastic cowling on my unit also. Have not taken off the cowl yet. I will see if my niece can also take a look at some 3670's hey maybe I can find one down here and measure it down here.

JohnDar

John:

so you think it might be about a 25 degree angle. Great
Thanks. I have the plastic cowling on my unit also. Have not taken off the cowl yet. I will see if my niece can also take a look at some 3670's hey maybe I can find one down here and measure it down here.

Rick, that's a visual guess. I don't have a protractor with me. It looks an awful lot like the picture that Ray posted, though. I think the standard pin boxes for the BH's in our weight class are the same.

Larry.b

I have a 3670 and if I understand what you are wanting the angle is 22. I measured mine with a angle finder that is also a level. Hope this helps.

Larry

JohnDar

Dang! Measured to 22 degrees and I S.W.A.G.'d it at 25. Old Grand Dad has a good eye, just wish he wouldn't beat on my head in the morning :D

caissiel

If you know the hitchpin Manufacturer for Heatland you could possibly download a detail of the hitch, the Floating hitch suppliers use the info for hitch setup.