Central Vac

ChopperBill

Seems I got the new central vac. A Eureka. No dust pan feature in the kitchen and the vac plugs in below the first step.

149451222.jpg
[/IMG]

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
The dust pan on mine broke when one of us was stepping down from the step to the floor and inadvertantly stepped on it. The repair shop is covering this opeining so we won't have this troublesome plastic piece to step on again. We won't have the convenience of using a broom to sweep the dirt over to the dustpan, but we can pick it up easily with the vacuum anyway.

Chopper Bill if your central vac is like ours it does have a dust pan feature. We do not have the old style either. Ours is basically flush on the vertical part of the step and have to lift up the cover to plug in. Instead of lifting up the cover to plug in put your fingers on each side of the cover and pull straight up towards the ceiling that enables the dust pan feature. if I was more computer literate I would show pictures Sorry.

ChopperBill

Yes mine does have that feature. Not very wide. Wife will probably just vacuum it up or sweep it out the door. Ours came with no hoses so we haven't had the opportunity to try it yet.

v92c

Texan
It didnt come with hoses? That seems very odd. The Dirt Devil came with hoses and attachments. They were in a box in the basement.

jbeletti

In April of 2005, my Landmark was missing the hose/attachment kit. Factory UPS'd it to the dealer or to me - can't remember. Since there is no storage holder/box/location per se that comes with the vacuum, I suppose everyone now and then, a line person forgets to put the goodies in a box in the coach.

We store our vacuum accessories in a low plastic container with a lid on it in a cabinet under the desk area.

Jim

ChopperBill

v92c said:
It didnt come with hoses? That seems very odd. The Dirt Devil came with hoses and attachments. They were in a box in the basement.
They come with hoses but the factory didnt put the package with the camper. First Eureka dealer received so no other coach had them to rob.