Why 3 Fresh water tank vents

Bought a slightly used 2006 2955RL.
There are 3 1/2in tubings near the rear. 2 of which puke out 1/3 of my fresh water supply.
I solved the problem by stuffing baby carrots into 2 of them qnd a 1/4 turn valve into the 3rd one to facilitate filling but it bugs me where they go and what they are there fore.
I pulled out the front panel by the water heater and part of the membrane on the bottom but the tanks are in the bowels of this beauty.
Any info would be appreciated, conrad

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
All of them should have valves on them. Two should be the low point drains to drain the plumbing system and the third is the fresh water tank drain. Unless you're winterizing the unit or sanitizing the water tank, the valves should be closed. Not sure about older HL rigs, but our SOB trailer had twist off caps on the tubes that acted as "valves."

Tom of Ypsi

Conrad1111,

On our early Landmark, before the Big Horn line, the three tubes do not have shut off's and I believe the early Big Horns were made the same way. You can add shut off valves for the tubes and John explained what the tubes are for.

Also Welcome the the Heartland family and do look at joining the Heartland Owners Club.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
On the early models they did have 3 vents for the fresh water tanks. I think they quit that system early '07 models. Here is some old threads about the subject. I'm sure some other folks that have this system will be posrting later to help you out......Kenny

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=1315&highlight=3+fresh+water+tank+vents

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Conrad, we have a 2007 2955RL. If yours is the same, then you should have 2 low point drains on the door side just about under the door. There should be orange screw on caps on those. The fresh water tank drain is on the street side about the middle of the coach. It has a petcock on the end of it. Fran (fhollan) has a 2006 2955RL, you might send him an email or a PM and ask how his is set up. Bob:D