Converter Location

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Please locate the converter charger to an accessable location and away from the plumbing. I have never understood why the converter is located where it is, on the floor. I had a water leak and it fried my converter. I replaced the converter moved it to a different location but my plans are to mount it to the panel in the storage area for easy access and away from plumbing. When complete I will include pic's.
Bill

boatdoc

Bill, Thanks for the thread. I think since I'm in there now poking around I'll lift it off the floor with something so when I get my water leak it won't fry. Sorry to hear about your's.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Gary, while your in there extend the 12V leads and make up an extention cord so you can plug it in to the same receptical and mount it on the partition wall. You may have to extend the ground wire also. A guy came in to the campground where i'm working with a Landmark and had a water leak with the same results. He got all the wiring and made up a cord and I mounted his on the wall and it works great and looks good. When I complete mine this week I will post pic's.
Bill