Mounting TV in Bedroom 2010 3055RL

blandsjj

Has anyone mounted a TV in the bedroom in a 2010 3055RL? If so how did you do it and did you use a wall mount? Not sure if there is any elect wires inside wall behind the TV cabinet. Has anyone talked to factory on suggestion on how to mount the TV.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
blandsjj, I do not have a 3055, but I did mount a TV in our 3400rl. I am not familiar with the exact layout of your TV cabinet. However the procedure should be close. I did not mount it to the wall. I mounted an atriculating arm on the side of the cabinet. I feel the cabinet material is much stronger than the thin wall material. You should already have the ac power in your cabinet.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC00378.JPG
    DSC00378.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 159

blandsjj

Thanks Dave for the info. May give your way a shot. Yes I have AC in the cabinet just wondering if any wires were in wall behind TV that I might screw into. My cabinet looks about like yours it is over the window and the plug and cable connectors are mounted in the celing.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Nice set up Dave,ours is very similar. I lined up the articulating mount right where the clothes cabinet alongside the TV area come together. Two nice pieces of solid Oak. That TV ain't going anywhere. How do you prep your for travel?

Attachments

• 100_0479.JPG
    100_0479.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_0480.JPG
    100_0480.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 151

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ray, the way I travel with it is I bought some straps that have velcro on each end. They are actually "Rod Holders" that I got at Cabellas. I then screwed the strap into the roof truss. So when I put the TV in the travel position I just wrap the strap around the TV. I feel that it will take some of the bounce load off the mount when traveling.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• DSC00491.JPG
    DSC00491.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC00492.JPG
    DSC00492.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 143

wdk450

TV Mount

I have seen a mod where a wood rectangle the size of the back of the cabinet is attached to this cabinet surface with multiple strips heavy duty self-adhesive Velcro, and the TV mount arm attached to this wood piece.

I set the highth of my mounting arm so that the TV bottom can rest on the cabinet bottom for travel, but the TV can be tilted up so the TV bottom can clear to get it out of the cabinet. No velcro needed.

I also made sure when I bought the TV, that it was one with a built-in DVD player. This reduces the "box count" and wiring connections.

Last edited:

ChopperBill

Mounted ours from the ceiling after putting up an oak board about a foot long. Have to shim the mount as the ceiling slopes. You can swivel it up and down and side to side. Working out pretty good except I bought a cheap TV. Next time I will spend the extra money a buy something decent.
237357228.jpg

dennis2188

mounting tv in 3055rl bedriin

My wife and I just bought a 2010 3055rl today and was wondering the same thing about mounting a lcd tv in the bedroom.

Gaffer

Harbor Freight Clamps

I bought a couple of clamps from a Harbor Freight type store and use them to secure the base of this Magnovox 19" (with DVD) that I got from Target for $200 to the shelf for transport. Works great and is easy to remove the TV when I want.

Attachments

• 3055 bedroom tv.jpg
    3055 bedroom tv.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 96

Buford445

Re: Harbor Freight Clamps

Does anyone know if there is any blocking on the outside wall in the BR TV cabinet to screw the TV Bracket to ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Ed, I am 99.9% certain that there is no blocking in the outside wall. Your best bet is to look at the previous posts in this thread and copy one of those designs. Or travel with your TV laying on the bed and set it in the cabinet when you stop.

Peace
Dave

Buford445

Yeah That's what I was thinking but I thought I would ask, it seemed solid but wasn't sure