Prospective BC owner

leeitz63

wife and i visit a BC dealer today and were totally impressed with the quality of the units. no high pressure, but all the information we required. have been looking at Montana's, but fell for the BC 3355RL. are selling our home and planning of full time rving. how is the BC for full timing, versus BH or Montana??

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I cant help you with how a BC would be fulltiming because we dont. Lots of people here do though.

Compared to other brands of equal price, IMHO you get more with BC especially in storage. We looked at several before buying the BC and would do it again.

We love ours!

jimtoo

Hi leeitz63,

First welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family, hopefully. We have a great bunch of people here, with lots of information and the willingness to help.

I think after all is said and done, the Heartland unit is way above the Montana. Customer service is nothing but the best with Heartland. Comparing quality of construction, Heartland is better in my opinion, cleanup during construction leaves a little to be desired, but that is a minor detail, all manufactures are like that. For the full timming bit, I think you have chosen a great unit.

So welcome to the forum.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
I guess it all boils down to your likings but my personal feeling is that Heartland beats Keystone products hands down. We have been with HL products for over 5 years now, starting out with a Sundance and then moved up to the Big Country. We are not retirement age yet but the model we have wouldn't be any problem as a full timer. We love the open-floor plan and enclosed bathroom and probably get another one (3250) when it's time to trade again. Hope to hear that ya'll are happy owners of a HL soon.

leeitz63

thanks

thank you for the input. hopefully we can see the house in this economy. been praying to St. Joseph for assistance.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
leeitz63, Welcome to the Heartland Forum. I think the BC will do nicely for your needs. There are very few brands on the market that are "designed" for full timers and the ones that are come at a price. As for St. Joseph! Go out and get a plastic statue and bury it in the front yard. We did that 3 years ago and the first couple through bought the house. The only problem is when I went to dig up our statue, I couldn't find him.:eek: He's still there somewhere. Maybe I should have put a flag or something on the spot.;):D

bill40

Welcome aborad Leeitz63,
As you ncan see we have a BC 3500RL. Prior to this we had a 39ft MH. After 64000 miles we went back to a 5er. The BC gives us so much more living area to sit around in and the kitchen area has a lot more working area. Plus our cat enjoys the BC a lot more than the MH. We tend too stay in one place a lot longer now and travel less. You need that stretch out area. We Have found the BC fits our needs and have not had any major problems. We only have one AC and found it works fine in temp of 85&90 degrees.If you go to Texax or AZ you might ask about that with Ray and some of the others who spend more time in higher temp. areas.
As Ray said St Joe worked for us also and I could not find him afterwards. Good Luck with your choice.

leeitz63

St. Joseph

my wife has him on the window sill in the kitchen, but will bury him by the 'For
Sale" sign in the front yard tomorrow. instructions say to bury him upside down. is this correct?

Hopefully I won't lose him. Ha. thought we had the house sold earlier this year, but the prospective buyer got cold feet. we are in a very small town in central illinois. although the employment in our area is fairly good, there are a lot of home for sale.