HD attenna

bill40

Can't say for sure but I can say that we just spent 11 days in a CG that did not have cable and our picture was perfect on the local channels that we were picking up. Probably just digital.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Those that are selling "HD Antennas" are slightly misleading the public. You know, not a lie but not the whole truth. Digital signal is broadcast over UHF. So if you were receiving UHF channels in the past you will not have a problem with digital. That is if you are in a good reception area. So in a nut shell if you have a 25 year old UHF antenna, it will work for digital reception.

Peace
Dave

grizzlygiant

Your existing antenna (probably) will work BUT HD signals are more sensitive to direction, particurlary if the signal is weak. Carefull tweaking of the antenna direction is required if the signal is weak.

SmokeyBare

....and not all TV stations have their Transmitting towers located in the same direction... which makes it even MORE Fun fine tuning the signal...

enthuz

It is true that an older antenna can pickup DTV/HD channels. However you need an HD receiver/tuner to see the signal in HD (not just DTV) as all HD is DTV, but not all DTV is HD. Most HDTVs will tell you at what resolution you are receiving the signal (i.e. 480P, 720P, 1080i or 1080P).