Dead GFI On Gen power

jcotner

On the third day of our last trip, my GFI outlets in the kitchen and bath went dead on generator power. Checked breakers, fuses, and the trip on the GFI outlet. Brought the rig home and plugged it into shore power and the outlets come right up. Nothing on Generator power. Checked the breaker on the generator with no success. Any ideas before I haul it back to the dealer?

jcotner

Everything had worked fine before. Made coffee that morning on Gen power. But that evening, the outlets were dead.

Pulltab

Hmmmm, that is odd. Are they tripped and won't reset or just no power period. If no power I would pull (if you are comfortable with it) the front panel off and test with a multimeter that you have the voltage at the breaker and move forward from there. Also Check the voltage that the generator is providing to your coach.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
GFIs are touchy. I would make sure there is a good ground on the generator and try again (you could do this at home). If it works you may have to like put a metal stake in the ground for a ground when using it.

jcotner

Thought I would give you guys an update and my solution. As I looked at the generator and the two breakers I suspected only part of the power was making inside the trailer. Before I pulled out the power center, I looked at the wiring harness coming out of the gen. I noticed the connectors were only completly connected on one side. I connected the connectors fully, and there be power. Simple fix, wish I would have found it before I skipped morning coffee. Thanks for the help