Fifth Wheel Hitch a bit to high

hereawho

I purchased but haven't yet installed,a Draw-tite 18k Signature Series hitch for our 2008 F350 Super Duty LB twin-turbo diesel. We ordered a 2010 Big Horn 3385. There still building it. I'm not sure where on the bed it mounts, but if it is a little behind the wheel wells towards the cab, it looks like the top of the hitch will be at 51-52 inches. How can I get it to the 49-50 range without spending a fortune. Or will I need to send it back & get one that is only 12" high rather than 14"-18".

Pulltab

Man that is a tuffy, are you sure that is the right height? You may have some give on the pin box if it can be raised up higher in the frame, taller shackles on the rv is another option or raise the springs with pads. Lowering the truck is probably not an option. BUT if your sure that is the height you need then take the hitch back if you can and get the other. Don't forget that the truck will squat probably 3-4 inches when you set it on.

As far as where, it will be located just a little forward of the center of the axle.

Bed heights seem to vary any more but on my Dodge the hitch is about 3" below the bed rails and my unit travels pretty level. It is also a 4x4 so it sits higher than a 4x2

geeksrus

I have the same hitch on the Ram3500. I lowered the hitch, which has 3 or more settings. Also I adjusted the pin box on the BH 3400RL.

Eh!

Wallace

Take it back and get a B&W .
I have a 08 F450 I run a gooses neck and a 5th wheel 3912 Cyclone.
First off let me say this...I am a trailer dealer (not RV's) just equipment dealer.
We install hitches and I have been installing B&W for 3 years now and love them to install and to use.
I have stainless steel rails on the top of my box and I have not even come close to touching my rails and my Cyclone set almost perfect.
I had a Reese in my 04 Chevy 3500 it was ok but when I took it out before trading it in the rails that were mounted to the floor had a slight up ward bend to them.
I didn't install this hitch we had the selling dealer install it.
It worked fine for me when all I was doing was pulling my goose neck.
I never did pull a 5th wheel with it.

trvlrerik

I think we have nearly the same trucks, I am using a B/k popup ball (gooseneck) with the B/K companion hitch. I was worried about the highth also, I think it is 50 1/2", once everything settles in the trailer is perfectly level. The B/K companion will adjust plus or minus 4" from 49" on my truck when in the middle set of holes on the base.