2950rk big country towed with a 09 2500 duramax

Currently looking at a Big Country 2950rk (rear kitchen) with a dry pin weight of 2285/gvwr 14,000 Would like to tow with a 2009 GMC sierra duramax 2500, either a crew cab or extended cab. The extended cab payload is 3360 and the crew cab is 3240 I want to avoid the 3500 because it only comes in long bed and I want to avoid the dually. On a 3500 two rear wheels, not a dually the payload is 3592 for a crew cab and 3747 for an extended cab. It is myself and spouse and possibly small auxillary fuel tank. Are there any folks who are towing this combination? Could you give me your feedback? I hope I have provided enough detail. Thankyou in advance for everyone's feedback.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Yes, a 2500 will pull that coach just fine. You can see by our sig that our coach is the same weight are yours. Ol' Smokey pulls and stops ours just fine. Bob:D:D

grizzlygiant

I pulled my 3400BH with my 2500 Heavy Duty Dodge for many thousands of miles in all kinds of terrains and it was OK but I felt marginal. I have since downsized to a 2800 Sundance and feel much more comfortable on the highways.

B. Lee

Firecapt422
I have the 06 BH 2925RK and tow it with a 2002 F-250 7.3 diesel and it pulls and stops the unit just fine.

Butch

cjbearden

Visitor
We pulled a 2006 BH 3400RL with a 2004 GMC 2500 for 2.5 years. In the last 5 months of ownership, we realized in hind sight, we wished we had been using a 3500 dually. We added air bags to the truck a couple of months before deciding to upgrade to the LM Augusta and get the dually.

Priestlake, what you want to do should be fine for towing that BC.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
We are towing a 3250 with a 08 2500 4X4 extended cab with a long bed and a 6.0L gas. We have only pulled it about 1500 miles but in that short time have become very comfortable with it. The long wheelbase definatley is an advantage when it comes to bouncing.

The advertised pin weight on the 2950 is a couple hundred pounds heavier than the 3250, but I make up for that with my tool box and the stuff inside. The truck handles the weight very well.

I may feel a little a little different if I were pulling mountains or rather going down mountains with lot switchbacks but here on the east coast we don't have huge mountains compared to the rockies. The lateral force on the rear axle/wheels and tires may be a concern then.

It sounds like you have done your homework. The next step is to decide what your are comfortable with. Good luck and let us know what you decide.