Does The Warranty Transfer??

Rigmover06

I tried the search function to see if there were any other postings about this.

The 3950 I bought is a little over a year in service.
Does the factory warranty transfer over to us?? The previous owner also bought some sort of an extended warranty. Do I contact the original selling dealer or does anybody know what I got to do?

Thanks In Advance.
Dan

Pulltab

Dan, if there were any factory warranties they should be covered. As for extended warranties I think usually you have to pay like a $50 fee to transfer them into your name. If you have a copy of the policy call them and ask what to do to get it into your name. On some of these aftermarket ones you will have to go thru the dealer to get it done.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pulltab is correct on the extended warranty (aftermarket)for sure. I'm pretty sure the Factory warranty ends with the sale of a unit to a 2nd owner. I've faced this problem with a Class C a few years back. I searched both the Brochure and Heartlands website but could not find anything in writing.

H

Heartland Service

Non transferable 12 month warranty

Unfortunately the factory warranty is non-transferable. A complete copy of the owner's manual including the warranty can be viewed at heartlandrvs.com under the tab "customer service".

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Pulltab is correct on the extended warranty (aftermarket)for sure. I'm pretty sure the Factory warranty ends with the sale of a unit to a 2nd owner. I've faced this problem with a Class C a few years back. I searched both the Brochure and Heartlands website but could not find anything in writing.
I guess I didn't dig deep enough:eek:. It's in there!