Removing decal from Cyclone

rogerlouden

I was wondering if anyone has a surefire way of removing the decal from the front cap of my 2009 3950 Cyclone. It's the one that advertises their patent pending 88 degree turning radius. I want to get it off without taking the finish off with it. Did all the 5th wheels from 2009 get blessed with this ugly decal?

Roger

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
rogerlouden, you can leave it warm up in the sun and that will help soften the adhesive. Mine, and yes we were all blessed with this, pealed right off. You can safely use pure mineral spirits. I don't know about some of the other products.

Peace
Dave

Netem

I just peeled mine off and used rubbing alcohol to clean off any left over glue. You can use a hair dryer to soften the decal.

trvlrerik

I found a product called PB blaster that makes both a higher quality wd40 product, and a sticker remover. I found them at Fastenall (a nation-wide industrial supply house).

azbound

rogerlouden, you can leave it warm up in the sun and that will help soften the adhesive. Mine, and yes we were all blessed with this, pealed right off. You can safely use pure mineral spirits. I don't know about some of the other products.

Peace
Dave

Same for me, while in AZ for the winter the adhesive soften in the warm sun and they peeled of with out much effort. A hair drier might also work.

Rigmover06

Brake Clean

I used Brake Clean to remove the offending decals off our Cyclone.
The 88 degree decal and the original selling RV Dealers as well.

They had 6 of their decals all over the trailer.

Yeesh..:confused:

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Mine, too pulled right off. But if all this expert advice doesn't work - you could always get a sawzall. Guaranteed to remove the decal and everything behind it! :D

slb714

HT do you have a awning over your back door? if so was it purchased with it or did you add it?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
To be quite honest, I don't even know. I just told them what I wanted added and they gave me the total price for the unit. It may be written on the paperwork; I can check when I get home. I'm on the jobsite right now!

slb714

Thanks if its to much trouble don't worry about it, Going bring it in to the dealership in a few weeks will get them to give me a quote..