Probes?

I,m having a build up on my probes on my gray water tanks, could some one please tell me which is tank 1 & 2 so I can treat them. Which sink is on 1 and which is on 2. also does any one recomend a probe cleaner? thanks and safe travling. Jim Thomas:confused:

HappyKayakers

On our BH, gray 1 is for the shower and bathroom sink. Gray 2 is for the kitchen sink. I really don't worry about the gauge readings on any of the tanks. When either of the gray tanks is full, water backs up in the sink or shower. I know it's time to empty them. When the toilet burps after flushing, I empty the black tank the next day.
The indicators are so inaccurate, I rarely look at them. I've heard some folks use the Calgon method or ice cubes when traveling and keep the sensors fairly accurate. Just not worth the trouble to me.

CrazyScotsman

I'm with HappyKayakers on this one. Yesterday I looked at guage before I dumped all 3 tanks, it showed all 3 at 1/3 full, after I dumped them, guage then said that Black tank was 2/3 full, so as HapKay stated they are so inacurate anyway.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The sensors in the black tank would not read correctly..kept reading 2/3. I knew the tank was empty. I tried everything, calgon, commercial tank cleaners, flushing with tons of water but nothing worked. I then took a whole bottle of Dawn dishwahing soap put it in the tank, let it sit overnight and when the tank as 2/3 full I was able to flush it and it finally read empty.

ChopperBill

Yes, my black tank only shows empty after I do a thorough flushing. Even after I charge it with chemicals is shows at least a third full. It can show full for a week and when I empty it (into a blue boy) I only get about 2/3 of the capacity out. The burp method is the only sure way to know.

2010augusta

I had the washing machine flood the bathroom one night while we were at wal-mart, so now the gray tanks stay open all the time, except when I dump the Black tank. I have used calgon with success using it through the kitchen sink. I traveled one time with the gray tanks about half full and since then they read fine.

I found an external mounted radar style tank sensor on-line they were kinda pricey, but gave a much more specific reading than the traditional style sensors.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My gray tank sensors seem to read fine, but like others, the black is iffy. The past couple of "dumps," the thing still read 2/3, so I just waited until the "full" light started to flicker on/off while pressing the switch. No problems. I've been using a Calgon mix in the black tank, but the trailer has been stationary. This last dump, I took a chance and actually ran the tank flusher for several minutes (leakage horror stories had me scared of it). Sensor read 1/3 after it was over. And it didn't leak...yet.

As for the washer/dryer flood, it's a good practice to open the tank valve before starting a load. To clean the gray tank sensors, use the Calgon mix. There should be enough soap in the tank already to help, but you can add some powder laundry detergent to the Calgon mix and driving around will help "scrub" the inside of the tank. Same process for the black tank.

Back to the Calgon. I've been using it exclusively in the black tank and have not had an odor...at all. To use up my stock of the AquaChem, I put a bottle of it in the last time I drained it. Didn't take long for the wife to complain about the smell when flushing (actually the smell was the chemical, not the tank contents).