shower plumbing

jsejms

I just purchased a razor 2650 tt And found out the plumbing from the shower is going to the black water/holding tank.Is this normal or did I someone make a mistake at the factory.I thought gray water was shower sinks etc and back water/holding tank was toilet only.The problem is the holding tank fills to quickly plus I am treating all that extra water.has anyone else found a fix to this I am considering re routing the plumbing to the gray water tank?????

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Are you sure it is going to the black tank or are the tanks mislabled. Mine were mislabled. Check it out, the shower should be going to the bath gray tank not the black tank.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Do you mean that both black and gray water flow into the same tank? Anything else is just, as Jim said, a matter of labeling.

jsejms

correct the tanks were not labeled I had to figure that out. What I mean is the shower water is draining into the black water/holding tank. I figured it out on the first outing. I was taking a shower and the shower stopped draining so I checked the gray water guage and it was 1/4 full and the holding tank said full. I went to flush toilet and well it started pushing water out. so I drained the black tank and the shower went down
also double checked toilet and that tank was then empty. So I have physically looked and the shower is plumbed into the black water tank has anyone heard of this being done seems odd to me

Last edited:

Pulltab

Yikes! That is not good. You need to get that back to the dealer unless you are willing to tackle it.

jmgratz

The shower should NOT be plumbed into the black tank. Contact Heartland about getting it to a dealer to get that corrected. You should not have to do that yourself.

jsejms

thanks for reply does anyone know where to get ahold of a diagram of the trailer plumbing how it is supposed to be routed.

jsejms

Well I talked to the factory and in an unconvincing voice he told me the shower was sopposed to be plumbed into the black water tank he thought? so I decided to tackle it myself .It is now done I used regular EOM plumbing parts. I beleive it is as goodif not better than the factory would have done. so now all my gray water is going to tank 1 gray water

jmgratz

I have a basic diagram in my owners manual. The factory should be able to help you.

Pulltab

Well I talked to the factory and in an unconvincing voice he told me the shower was sopposed to be plumbed into the black water tank he thought? so I decided to tackle it myself .It is now done I used regular EOM plumbing parts. I beleive it is as goodif not better than the factory would have done. so now all my gray water is going to tank 1 gray water
Good job! Sometimes doing it yourself is the only way to feel confident it is done the way you want !