hydraulic hose leaks

Sparkie

I have a 06' Landmark. I have had several problems with the hydraulic hoses leaking. They don't leak at the fitting but at the junction where the end fitting is crimped onto the hose. I have replaced four hoses only to have the new ones leak. They were purcased from Lippert. The only hoses to work were ones that I had made locally. They were very expensive. I'm tired of replacing the hoses and currently have five new leaks. I will replace them with the expensive local ones when I do replace them.

My question is can I just live with the leaks as long as the slides and jacks work properly and is there a potential problem of a hose blowing out?

Any input or experiences will be greatly appreciated!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Seems to me like a pain in the neck but I would be having Lippert ship a new hose every time one would leak. That way they would be aware of their defective hoses need to be upgraded. Maybe there is something causing the hoses to leak such as excessive pressure. Could it be the pump is putting out too much pressure blowing out the hoses? At any rate you shouldn't have to be going through that.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I replaced all the hydraulic lines on my 2005 Landmark this spring.They were all leaking on each end at the fitting.The ones I replaced them with are a much better quality and are reinforced.Yes they were expensive,but I feel much better about them. I asked the guy that made my hoses if I would be ok to continue to use the original lines even though they were just seeping fluid. He recommended I replace them because they would eventually blow out. I was more comfortable to replace them all even though it was expensive and a big job.

jbeletti

Sparkie,

This is no consolation but to give credit where it is due, I believe Heartland, not Lippert, makes up the hydraulic lines. The frames come in from Lippert with the rams in place but we plumb them with bulk hydraulic line and fittings we craft. Wish we did it better. Maybe it is the pressure vs the quality of fitting we are using. Don't know.

Jim

caissiel

My Hydraulic lines on my old trailer have been there for 15 Years and no leaks yet, They all run under exposed to the elements. And they are the expensive kinds.