Mounting a flag on my 3055

patrick1945

I would like to mount a stainless flag pole bracket to the side or hitch on my 3055. Of course I would like to put it where the installation won't compromise the hitch or the wall of the trailer.

Has anyone done this before and will mounting the bracket on the pin box cause a problem?

scott b

Flag

Pat , go to www.flagpolebuddy.com . They sell a unique flag pole system that works great, the pole holder is made of a composite and is very durable. They are great folks to do business with and sell three different pole lengths , and have a variety of flag related accessories. Good Luck ...Scott

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Pat , go to www.flagpolebuddy.com . They sell a unique flag pole system that works great, the pole holder is made of a composite and is very durable. They are great folks to do business with and sell three different pole lengths , and have a variety of flag related accessories. Good Luck ...Scott

I put one on our 3670. Quick and easy to install and put up/take down the flag. The 12 foot pole easily shows Old Glory above the roof.

CrazyScotsman

I put about an 8" piece of galvanised pipe on the side of my Fifth airborn hitch,set the angle I wanted then drilled a couple of holes into pipe and hitch, bolted it on, painted it black, then Bob's your uncle. Instant flag pole holder

truknutt

Committed Member
We use two mounting styles: mounted a double flag bracket used mainly for house applications on the pinbox and then we have a 20 foot extendable pole from SunSetter using their optional wheel stand to fly flags above the roof! This flagpole serves double duty as it is also the flagpole for our house.

The 20 footer helps us find our way home after late night carousing...we tend to get easily lost in parking lots!!!!!

Attachments

• RV rally 09 034.JPG
    RV rally 09 034.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 55
  • Sunsetter wheel mount.jpg
    Sunsetter wheel mount.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 48

porthole

Retired
Are you using the drive on mount with the trailer too, or just the truck?

I have the same kit with several different mounts. My previous trailer I used a "bolt-on" receiver on the bumper and used the receiver mount.
No bumper on the Cyclone ......

You know - with the Storm warning up maybe you should pull in the awning :D

wdk450

Re: Poles and Holders............

Gang:
I know this is an old thread, but in light of next Sunday's 10th 911 anniversary, I thought I would FINALLY post pictures of the easy way I mount a flag to the hitch on my Bighorn. I do have a MorRide pinbox, so this may be different than the standard hitch. This is done with a standard flag and pole setup sold at many stores.

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg