Jensen JDV8035

Rigmover06

Okay I admit I was wrong.
I put the lens cleaner to the unit. It worked for a bit and now has completely quit. I put a DVD in and it just sits there "Loading Disc".
Taken it out,put it back in and the same thing.
Reset the unit.
Me thinks it is pooched.
Whats the warranty on this item or is it easier to just buy a DVD player and mount it in the trailer?

Dan

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

I would recommend that you contact your dealer for warranty assistance so we may get this corrected for you.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

JENSEN and Voyager Tech Support Team

Rigmover06

Heartland Dealership(s)

I tried contacting the Heartland Dealership(s) in my area and was basically told to pound sand. Since the unit was not purchased from them they were not obligated to supply any warranty parts/service of any kind.
But if I wanted to buy one they would sell it to me no problem and install it for.

Real Nice folks.(NOT):mad:

Dealers Names Available upon REQUEST.

JENSENRVdirect

The dealer only needs to provide the service. If in warranty, we will cover labor, replacement part, and freight. If the dealer has any questions regarding the warranty procedure, please have them call our Customer Service at 800-274-1886.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
The dealer only needs to provide the service. If in warranty, we will cover labor, replacement part, and freight. If the dealer has any questions regarding the warranty procedure, please have them call our Customer Service at 800-274-1886.

I think the problem is some dealers don't want to service units they did not sell. This partly stems from the fact they try to "milk" the system charging for more labor than it actually takes. For example they will bill for 2 hours labor when you guys only will pay for 1. They don't know how to do the repair and it takes them longer than it should.

Rigmover06

Dvd

Thats' just it. I don't know if it is still under warranty.

How long is the warranty on these units? If it's a year only well then I am 2 months over my warranty period.

Does the warranty transfer? I am not the original purchaser of the Cyclone.

Thats the info I was looking for. This units in service date for Heartlands warranty is May 28 2008.

Dan

JENSENRVdirect

Hi Dan,

Please give us a call at 1-800-274-1886 M-F 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EDT. One of our Customer Service representatives can assist you with this.

Rigmover06

ASA Steps Up To The Plate.

I would publicly as this forum allows like to THANK Brian with ASA and all their Customer Service Reps.

When the local Heartland Dealers here in Edmonton / Leduc REFUSED to honor any kind of Heartland Warranty because I didn't buy my unit from them.

Brian took notice of what was going on and made the effort to get this resolved quickly. He got me a CSR to call me and issued a RA# even though my DVD player is a little over a year old, they are going to do something Heartland Posers wouldn't do.
Look after a customer.

ASA is a stand up company and I will always deal with them as long as I have a JVC component in my Cyclone.

Thanks again Brian.