VIN number explanation

mtcampers

Our 2010 North Trail 28 BRS is suppose to be online today:D I just got the vin number and think it says our trailer is a 31 footer???? Is that possible? Also according to the diagram I included, I am not sure how to tell what year ours is in the vin number.... Our vin number is 5SFNB3125AE209057

Thanks in advance for your answer....Also, could you make sure your "best" workers are on this job? ;) I had to at least give it a shot.

//heartlandowners.org/images/decoding_heartland_VIN.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
mtcampers, the specs on the website state your NorthTrail has an overall length of 31'6". This dimension includes approximately 3 feet of the trailers tongue. As for the year? Maybe the "A" in the 10th digit stands for 2010. Just a guess. On edit, I have just learned that for 5th wheels, the model length digits are for the frame only, not the overall length. For travel trailers, it's for the overall length.

Last edited:

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
mtcampers, the specs on the website state your NorthTrail has an overall length of 31'6". This dimension includes approximately 3 feet of the trailers tongue. As for the year? Maybe the "A" in the 10th digit stands for 2010. Just a guess.

I would have to agree with you Ray. I also have an "A" in the 10th digit and mine is a 2010 model.

mtcampers

Thanks

I love the fact that there are so many smart people out there! "The digit is in hexidecimal (base 16). " :)

Thanks again!
MTCampers

Boca_Shuffles

The 'A' is indeed representative of a 2010 model. The digit is in hexidecimal (base 16).

Using a single digit for the year is the type of problem that caused the "2000" computer problem. What happens in 2017?

Maybe it is Canadian or "Yooper" --- "eh".

My 2010 Bighorn 3055RL does not follow the VIN code has listed above.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey All, since the original posters question has been asked and answered I've moved this thread out of the "ask the factory" section.