It's Just Home...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are now at South Whitlock Resort, Gettysburg, SD. It is raining very hard. We drove down Hwy 83 southbound into a very strong wind and many nice size hills. After we got set up we went to a local restaurant for dinner.

After all said and done we are now inside, watching DirecTV, reading a book or posting on the forum.

No matter where we go, we see different country, on the way here and locally, but when we enter the trailer we are home. Everything is familiar, cozy and comfortable, no matter were we are, until we go outside, then it is only similar. MacDonalds, Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, the highway, buildings and trees all similar but not quite the same.

Where ever we are, we are home. I don’t know about the rest of you but when I am in the trailer, like I am now, I am always home.

Just a thought that was going thru my mind.

Hum… Nice….
BC

dieselsweetheart

Where ever we are, we are home. I don’t know about the rest of you but when I am in the trailer, like I am now, I am always home.

That's what's important!!! Have a wonderful stay in SD!

2010augusta

so true..

Due to a lack of employment the DW and I had to park the trailer in mid March and stay with my parents and help out with some work around the house. We just got back in the trailer full time last week and it is so good to be back home, on the road. As it turns out we are just a ways down the road from y'all. We are just off hwy 83 and hwy 90 in Uvalde TX. okay so the opposite end of the hwy, but it is the same road I believe. It is a lifestyle many would not understand or be able to accept, but for us it is wonderful. We are fourtuante to be fulltiming while we are young, and we don't know how long we will travel, but currently we are living our dream.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks Cheryl.. This is what I have always enjoyed. I am so fortunate that my DW loves to travel also.

What are you doing in Texas this time of year. It is to hot. You need to be up here. Temp is 66* outside and raining real hard, but it is cool. Waiting for the rain to let up so I can take the new fur kid outside to do his business. Only thing, he is so short he may drown in a puddle.

BC

2010augusta

We gotta go where the work is and the DW got a job with the hospital here for at least the next 8 weeks, so we have to tough out the triple digit heat for a while. Please send some of that cool weather and rain down here.

osims

bsims
Bob
We could sure use some cool air here. It hasn't rained in a long time and plenty hot, the grass has just about had it ( brown and crackeling when you walk). Glad y'all are having a good time.
Bill

Netem

Bob, glad to hear your having fun and staying cool. Hows the new fur kid taking to the traveling? They are alittle extra work but there worth it.

Bill, sounds like you guys need to hook that Landmark up and head somewhere cooler for awhile.

timdebs

Bob, Debbie and I feel the same way when we are camping. We have often said when we walk through the door of our camper it is like stress knows it is not aloud and it leaves. We have 1 rule when we camp NO STRESS, if stress does show up we go back to rule # 1. We want to become fulltimers also and hope to do it in 6 years when Debbie retires from teaching. For now we are enjoying life in our camper as much as we possibly can. Our goal is to see the country being "campground hosts".

Dave

Traveling Two
Home sweet home, we know what your talkin' about! Gettysburg, SD, we've been there, tiny but nice little place. Not sure if your still there but in downtown Gettysburg there is a small monument/stone dedicated to the American Civil War veterans along with their names. All the veterans listed on the stone are Union veterans except one and the town won't tell you which one was a Confederate vet. Very interesting history. Be safe in your travels!!

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
TXBobcat, Elizabeth and I know exactly how you feel. Before we moved into a FW, I would go on the road for work. Sleeping in hotels/motels gets to be a real drag. Now when I go home from work it really is "Home".:) I get to sleep in "my own bed" everynight.
Fred

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
"Home is where the Heart(land) is" ... seems like I have heard that before. My mother (God rest her soul) used to call people who travel alot Gypsies. Okay so we gypsies but I would rather call us "Happy Campers". Hey Bobcat, here at Thousand Trails Lake Conroe, just north of Houston, it is so dry our Yorkies feet get caught in the cracks in the ground. When she squats you don't even have to pick it up, it just falls into the cracks in the ground never to be seen again. LOL

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
"Home is where the Heart(land) is" ... seems like I have heard that before. My mother (God rest her soul) used to call people who travel alot Gypsies. Okay so we gypsies but I would rather call us "Happy Campers". Hey Bobcat, here at Thousand Trails Lake Conroe, just north of Houston, it is so dry our Yorkies feet get caught in the cracks in the ground. When she squats you don't even have to pick it up, it just falls into the cracks in the ground never to be seen again. LOL
OMG if it gets any drier, will the cracks get bigger? You could lose a Yorkie!!!:eek:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Hey Bob...we know exactly what you're talking about! Back in 05' when we first went fulltime, we kept a piece of property in south central VA as a "homebase". It was 3 acres with a real nice mobile home on it that we originally planned to retire to when we got off the road...really loved that place!

However, the last time we were there in late 07', we realized we stayed in the 5er NOT the house...they 5er had truly become our home. That's when we decided to sell it! No sense holding onto something we really didn't want to live in...have the RV lot in TX now...when we get there and park the RV that's when we are truly home!:) This is an amazing life!

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Wonderful Life!

Absolutely correct! None I've only been doing this since Mar 2008, and like they say...It don't get no better than this! :D Fred, I'm with you - those motels get old! Since Cycloning, it is great to sleep in my own bed when I get home from work. Even better now...I have the lovely wife with me finally! :cool:None

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I just looked out side our window and there is a nice hill covered with dark green pine trees. A lot of people would almost die to have a yard like mine. Hee Hee Hee.. Don't I love it.

BC

Attachments

• DSC_1975M.jpg
    DSC_1975M.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 34

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
I just looked out side our window and there is a nice hill covered with dark green pine trees. A lot of people would almost die to have a yard like mine. Hee Hee Hee.. Don't I love it.

BC

Bob:
This is what Elizabeth and I call "Living the life". Some of our friends ask us where we plan on living after we get tired of living in a trailer. We both look at them like they have a third eye. This is our life, forever!! Where else can you go where you want, do what you want, and still be home with views like this.

Attachments

• DSC00283.JPG
    DSC00283.JPG
    663.7 KB · Views: 24