Bathroom Tile & Cabinet

Dave

Traveling Two
My great DW wants to tile the bathroom floor in our 2010 Sundance 3300SK. Has anyone done this? My concerns are the flexing of the frame and pot holes we hit will cause the quickset to crack and of course loosen the tiles causing one huge mess. Also, the floor in the bathroom squeeks, what could be causing this? There is no seeable leaks loosening the flooring..I'm concerned on this one. DW also wants to replace the sink and cabinet in the bathroom with a slightly larger set, any known issues doing this? Thanks for your help, be safe!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have not done that, but from what I've learned about ceramic tile, you'll need to put down cement board before laying the tile. If not, guaranteed it'll flex and crack. Consider a heavier quality vinyl tile. Less weight and no cement board required.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
You can use Dupont "Real-Touch" laminate. Real ceramic tile on top, laminate plank on the bottom. No grout, mortar or tile backer. About $3.75 per square foot at Home Depot. They have some nice styles and it shouldn't be subject to the problems or weight with real tile.

Dave

Traveling Two
Thanks Slmayor, we will definitly be looking into the Real Touch tile. Were in the process of fixing the place up preparing to full time in a couple of years. Take care and be careful!!