we are in

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Now you need to join our VA, NC, MD, WV chapter and sign-up to attend our fall rally on Cape Hatteras! PM me.

Gus
Gus, your post kind of makes me wonder... Do members of H.O.C. have to "join" a chapter? Or are they automatically part of a chapter based on their residence/location? Just curious I guess. I understand signing up to attend a local chapter rally but just assumed that an H.O.C. member would be a "member" of a chapter in their area. Thanks

truknutt

Committed Member
Gus, your post kind of makes me wonder... Do members of H.O.C. have to "join" a chapter? Or are they automatically part of a chapter based on their residence/location? Just curious I guess. I understand signing up to attend a local chapter rally but just assumed that an H.O.C. member would be a "member" of a chapter in their area. Thanks

That's a good question..up here in PA we don't charge any extra. Now I can't speak for those VA guys but, didn't I hear some talk of a Lobster Dinner at their next rally??? :rolleyes:

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Trucknutt;

There has been talk about a lobster dinner, but it was my understanding that Gus was paying for it...for everyone...everynight...

Why else do you think they got 30 people signed already?????

truknutt

Committed Member
Trucknutt;

There has been talk about a lobster dinner, but it was my understanding that Gus was paying for it...for everyone...everynight...

Why else do you think they got 30 people signed already?????

Better watch our wallets around him then, he's "joining" us for our PA rally in August! :rolleyes:

truknutt

Committed Member
You like Hamburger Helper minus the Hamburger???...We can't afford meat here in the Commonwealth! :D:D

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

Ray, I don't think it's automatic. I recently got an e-mail from cdbMidland to join the Michigan chapter, even though I became a HOC member in May. There was no charge to join, just provide some basic info.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
Wondering about signing up for the chapter also. Have already checked out the post on the rally in cape hatteras, We are planning to attend. Havent signed up yet but will be making that phone call soon. So i guees i need to find out about joining the chapter.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Wondering about signing up for the chapter also. Have already checked out the post on the rally in cape hatteras, We are planning to attend. Havent signed up yet but will be making that phone call soon. So i guees i need to find out about joining the chapter.

Wesley,

I'll send you a PM about "joining" on the forum later today. Looking forward to having you join us at Cape Hatteras.

Gus

PM Sent

Last edited:

timdebs

Gus what is the deal we have gone from lobster to hamburger helper, don't try and change the subject now I like the idea of you BUYING and serving us lobster for our first rally. FEED THEM AND THEY WILL COME.

jbeletti

Hi gang,

Here are some quick facts on the club and chapters:

Heartland Owners "Forum"

• Membership to the Forum is open to all (any brand RV or no RV at all)
  • Membership to the Forum is free
  • Membership to the Forum is not membership to the Club
  • The Forum is a large "information resource" for RVers, owners and prospective owners
Heartland Owners "Club"

• Membership to the Club is open to Heartland product owners
  • Membership to the Club cost is $60 and covers 3 years of dues
  • Membership to the Club gives you access to certain items, information, discounts etc.
  • A default chapter is assigned when you joined based on the state or province you submit. You may however select the chapter of your choice and change it later as well
  • "At this time", membership to the Club is NOT required in order to participate in a rally
Heartland Owners "Rallies"
The Heartland Owners Club puts on local Chapter and Regional rallies across North America. These rallies are planned by the Chapter Leaders and executed by them and/or wagonmasters in those Chapters/Regions. And the Club Headquarters puts on a large North American Heartland Owners Rally annually.

"At this time", in order to participate in a Chapter or Regional rally, it is not a requirement that you be an official Heartland Owners Club member. Down the road, this will likely change. As we are still in the infancy of the club, we are still crawling - almost walking, but definitely not yet running.

"It is a requirement" to be an official Heartland Owners Club member to participate in the annual North American Heartland Owners Rally.

Chapter Recruitment by Chapter Leaders

From time to time, I funnel new forum member joins to many of the Chapter Leaders for them to recruit the new forum members to their Chapter. I do not include names, email addresses or phone numbers as these items are private. Only usernames and locations are passed on. By joining a chapter, especially an active one, you will be "hooked in" with that Chapter Leader and receive all of their upcoming Rally and Event notices.

Club Member Recruitment by Chapter Leaders

I encourage my Chapter Leaders to recruit their chapter members to become official Heartland Owners Club members, so they may tell you about the club, the benefits and how to join.

So there you have it. A very long answer to Ray's short and simple questions:
Q1 Do members of H.O.C. have to "join" a chapter?
A1 Not really but, see Q2

Q2 Or are they automatically part of a chapter based on their residence/location?"
A2 Correct, this is the default. And it is changeable by the member.

Jim