Looking for the toilet paper

Papaw

Papaw--------(Jack)
Saw the Heartlands yesterday at ExploreUSA in Denton, Texas. Nice group of guys and I like the low pressure - at home fealing they give you. These are very impressive and offer many of the features I had in my Monaco motor coach - plus some. I read in their brochure there is a recessed toilet paper despenser but I didn't see it and forgot to ask Craig about it. Boy, you can tell where I start checking out these dudes:eek: The only two things I was wondering about were the possible need for a bottom fastner to the door to the slide control and key storage etc. area --I think it would give it a more solid feel while opening and shutting by probably cutting down on the springing back and forth from pulling out from one end only. The drawers all had a good tight fit. It seemed like it took very little if any upward movement to be able to pull them out. I was wondering if they could possibly open while traveling after they get "broken in" some. These are very minor points and I think this is going to be a very popular 5er.
I was very impressed with the "UDC" Universal docking center and the way the hydraulics are set up in the basement. Everything is well placed and labeled and you can control your slides in any configuration you want from this station. The large slide cover opens up a huge area that houses all the water lines which are coded and you can actualy sit up in this room while doing any necessary inspection or repair. Now, this is besides the huge storage area that you can also sit up in and you wont even notice the utility service area until you slide the big sliding door open. This how most of the high end coaches and buses are built. In my opinion, this makes the unit the best 5er there is for servicability which should flatten the depreciation curve and be given a long hard look for those interested in keeping a 5er for the long haul and be able to maintain it yourself.
I am looking forward to going back on a warmer day to spend a little more time --but I think it will be hard to do without being hooked.

Jack

Tom of Ypsi

Hi Jack,

I was just at an RV show this week and was looking for this recessed toilet paper holder. I was knocking on walls and searching everywhere for this secret place. People were looking at me kind of funny. I finally sat down in the living area and was talking to the salesperson and finally had to ask "Where is the toilet paper holder or do I have to ask for it everytime it is needed," After a little laugh the cupboard door was opened and was told here it is. The buyer has to mount it themselves. This is for customer convience I was told, this way you have it wherever you want it.