storage of TV in winter

GarthJ

I was wondering if I need to remove the flat pannel tv in my 2010 sundance for the winter when it is in storage. Will the frezing temps damage the tv?

thanks

CrazyScotsman

GarthJ... I doubt you will have to remove the TV, after all the TV's aren't taking out when the units for sale sit all winter on the dealers lot.

grizzlygiant

The cold will not hurt the set but you should let it warm up to room temperature before turning it on.....someonr told me.

JENSENRVdirect

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Our JENSEN brand LCD TVs are designed for use specifically in the mobile environment and are tested to withstand the wide temperature extremes found in RVs. There is no need to worry about removal of our JENSEN LCD TVs during the winter. In cold climates, the TV's picture quality will improve as the unit warms up.

We rate our LCD TVs as follows:

Operating Temperature Range -4°F to 149°F (-20°C to 65°C)

Storage Temperature Range -22°F to 158°F (-30°C to 70°C)

JENSEN and Voyager Tech support Team

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I wouldn't worry about removing it because of the temperature but you might want to remove it to keep it from getting stolen. Seems like TVs are "hot" items in RVs for thieves lately.

truknutt

Committed Member
I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers and the Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

Our JENSEN brand LCD TVs are designed for use specifically in the mobile environment and are tested to withstand the wide temperature extremes found in RVs. There is no need to worry about removal of our JENSEN LCD TVs during the winter. In cold climates, the TV's picture quality will improve as the unit warms up.

We rate our LCD TVs as follows:

Operating Temperature Range -4°F to 149°F (-20°C to 65°C)

Storage Temperature Range -22°F to 158°F (-30°C to 70°C)

JENSEN and Voyager Tech support Team

Thanks for that info Support Team. I just wanted to acknowledge your support of our forum...whoever you are !;)