Broken Plastic piece from Curtain in bedroom

drjbb

brownie
We have just discovered a broken L shaped plastic piece that holds the bottom of the curtain in the bedroom is broken.
I called the dealer and unable to get .
Does anyone have any ideas???
Doug

ralphpam

We have 2 of those L shaped plastic curtain holders broken. Heartland is supposed to be sending them to the dealer doing our repairs. Our rig is still under warranty, but they should have them to purchase for others that need them. Also, the Camping World in Burlington WA can order the same thing in metal for around $5.00 a piece. We had looked at other 5th wheels that use the metal, so we were looking for a source for them since we think that these things will just keep breaking. We asked Heartland if by chance they now had the metal, but they didn't seem to know they were available in metal.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Are you referring to the piece that holds the bottom of the drapes? I always banged my arm on the ones along side the mattress. This may not be an acceptable solution for you but, we removed all of the factory drapes from the bedroom and made our own. We changed the curtain rods and made them so they close all the way and used material that would block more light so we could darken the room. We did away with all the plastic holders things. This was not an expensive project. My wife made everything from a flat sheet.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
drjbb, your dealer should be able to get those for you. We had some broken ones and our dealer got me six of them. As far as the metal ones, the way I keep bumping into the ones by the bed, I am glad I break the plastic rather than my skin. I like Ray's idea.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Are you referring to the piece that holds the bottom of the drapes? I always banged my arm on the ones along side the mattress. This may not be an acceptable solution for you but, we removed all of the factory drapes from the bedroom and made our own. We changed the curtain rods and made them so they close all the way and used material that would block more light so we could darken the room. We did away with all the plastic holders things. This was not an expensive project. My wife made everything from a flat sheet.

We did the same as Ray and Lin. Cost about $15 and a little labor of love to sleep late and now we can sleep till at least 9 or 10 with all most no light bothering us.

Jim M

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I too replaced our curtains...not because we wanted more darkness, but because I wanted more color in the room. Got very tired of all the shades of tan....;)

Very easy project. I made them in the same configuration...valance across the top with side panels, however just made them longer and eliminated the use of the plastic clips. They work and look great! I used two pre-made drapery panels from Walmart, in a color and pattern I liked, and was even able to leave the white lining panel on the back. By using these panels, it eliminates alot of extra work...on some sections just had to cut off bottom and rehem...the top was already done!

geeksrus

I've broken a number on my current unit & my previous Cardinal 5er.

I've found that the replacements that are/maybe available at Arctic Fox dealers are much sturdier... haven't broken one of these yet.

Eh!

truknutt

Committed Member
We have just discovered a broken L shaped plastic piece that holds the bottom of the curtain in the bedroom is broken.
I called the dealer and unable to get .
Does anyone have any ideas???
Doug

Here is a link that has white, clear & METAL "L" brackets (scroll to last 3 items) ... is this what you are talking about?. Our Cyclone doesn't have any "curtains" just day/night shades and mini blinds so if this isn't what you are looking for, sorry.