Front and rear shoreline inlet plug

BEETLE

My sundance 3300 rlb shoreline inlet plug is in rear of 5th wheel , as I suppose all sundance are . Has anyone installed a 50 amp shorline inlet plug near front of 5th wheel to keep from using an extension power cord ? If so how would be a safe way to do this ?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
BEETLE, one down side to doing that is if you are plugged into one shore plug the other will be energized. That presents a dangerous situation. You would have to have a way to disconnect the one not in use. One way would be to add a dryer type plug in the basement. Male end to the wire that feeds the breakers, and a female end on each of the wires coming from the shore plug. So figuring the expense of buying a new Marinco plug, some wire and other stuff, I'm thinking that a new extension cord might be the ticket. I carry a 15 foot 50 amp ext. extension cord. I think I paid around 100 bucks. I have not had a need for more...........yet.
Let us know if you do add another plug, and how you did it.

Peace
Dave

jimpav

I think it would be nice to have a 30 amp receptacle near the front of my 35DSRL. Seldom do I even require 50 amp service, especially with only one A/C. If I have to park the trailer in the reverse direction, then I could use the front connection. That would save on wire and potential voltage loss.