Delivery tomorrow

Dream22

Hi there, We just joined the boards and we are having our NorthCountry 29RKS delivered tomorrow to a seasonal lot. This is our first travel trailer together and things sure have changed since we were kids. I am wondering if you have any pointers regarding when we set up etc....things you have learned already in your dealings with Heartland. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hopefully you did a good walkthrough (PDI) and are familiar with operating everything. Read your owners manual. Try out everything including the heater (furnace) to be sure everything works. Make a list of things that do not work as they should. Expect the unexpected and most of all HAVE FUN!

Dream22

Thanks

Thanks for your kind words, we had a great weekend. We found the set up very easy and user friendly. The only problem we had was we could not figure out the water heater, we are somewhat remote and have no cell phone use where we are and we couldn't call and the instructions they sent were all in French. That would have been great if we could read french lol. All in all we had a great weekend and even stayed till this morning and left in time to make it to work this morning :D I can hardly wait for Friday again.

If anyone has any thoughts on the water heater I will be very greatful to hear them !!!!

Thanks again !!!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
On 110, both the red switch inside your trailer and the black toggle switch behind your water heater cover have to be on.

If you are talking about on gas, turn gas on and turn on the switch marked heater on your monitor panel inside the coach. It may take a minute or two for the gas to get to the heater. I usually turn on the stove and light the burners as a way to get gas through the lines a little quicker.

Boca_Shuffles

On the 110, there may be a small clip in the outside electric switch that has to be removed in order to turn the switch on. The pin is there to avoid accidentally turning on the electric hot water heater on when you are de-winterizing the unit and there isn't water in the heater yet.

05Winger

hot water heater

With your hot water heater, were you referring to an electric or propane? If electric, check in the outside panel and look for a toggle switch to turn on. This controls the electric hot water heater. It probably will be on the backside. Note of caution when using an electric water heater, make sure you have water in the tank before turning on your switch; otherwise the rod will burn out. I am guessing since you had no hot water at all, the switch is still off.
We are new to this site. We just picked up our 2010 Heartland Sundance and checked everything out last weekend. It is such a pleasure!
Jay and Lori