Pillow top Mattress

Barry & Alana

I was checking out Forest River website last nite, and see they have a pillow top matttress for their RV's - pirvate label it looks like with there name on it. It says "Forest River with Serta - and the little sheep are also on there. Is Heartland looking at providing pillow tops any time soon? I think it would be a worthy investment . Could the factory respond to this?

2010augusta

Our Landmark also came with a pillow top. We put a foam egg create topper on it and it is a good mattress. Additionally, if you want the factory to chime in you will have to post the question in an "ask the factory" thread.

LookN4Ward

Our dealer ordered our trailer without the mattress and gave us a credit. We found a local mattress company that makes and retails mattresses. They are able to build a custom mattress to fit, in our case a 60" x 74", for $100 above the price of a regular queen mattress. You can select the quality of mattress you want and have it sized for your trailer.

Last edited:

tcbrady

The Bighorn comes with a regular mattress and the Landmark comes with a pillowtop. We could substitute the Landmark pillowtop mattress for a small fee or as LookN4Ward said, you could order the Bighorn without a mattress and find your own custom mattress. If you are planning to purchase a Bighorn from a dealer's stock inventory then I would recommend asking your dealer for what options might be available in substituting your mattress.

Hope this helps with your question.

thanks, Coley

Barry & Alana

Thx Coley for the reply - the point of the post was - if Heartland was going to have your own signature mattress with your name (Heartland) on it like the company mentioned. I just thought it was a neat idea for marketing also. KInda cool!

timdebs

We just got our 2009 Pinehurst a month ago, it did not a pillow top mattress. Camper is at Camping World now getting bedroom door replaced because it apparently had been switched with another door before we got it. I am now wondering if our mattress could have been switched also. Our mattress looked like a regular king size mattriess (blue and white), no pillow top. Am I ready correctly all Landmarks should have pillow top?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We just got our 2009 Pinehurst a month ago, it did not a pillow top mattress. Camper is at Camping World now getting bedroom door replaced because it apparently had been switched with another door before we got it. I am now wondering if our mattress could have been switched also. Our mattress looked like a regular king size mattriess (blue and white), no pillow top. Am I ready correctly all Landmarks should have pillow top?

Hey TimDebs,

You got one boy at ECU and another just starting Appalachian State?? How do you have any $$ left to go camping??:D:D

My understanding is ALL Landmarks come with the pillowtop.

Keith

timdebs

My DW just read what I wrote and she being a kindergarten teacher informed me I need to read what I write before I send it. :) As far as money we had everything planned out (children 4 years apart) BUT our oldest chose the 5 year plan (smart guy), but camping is still in our budget in order to keep stress level low. (VERY IMPORTANT)

rgirouard

Air Bed

We had a king size Air Bed in our first RV. Unfortunately it wouldn't fit in our BH in the space provided although it is advertized as a king bed.
I am having one custom built (69X80) by Bear Bed. Same as the one we have but will fit. There is no extra cost so I am paying the same price as a king. Twelve inch two chamber wilh individual controls and the great pillow top.

Here is the link if interested:
http://bearbeds.com/

jpjulian

We put a 3" memory foam topper on the mattress in our Big Horn and liked it so much we put another one on the double pillowtop mattress on our bed at home.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
Our Sundance had a "regular" matress, our dealer actually had the pillow tops in stock.... he threw it in :rolleyes: