Paradise RV & Western RV Leduc AB

Rigmover06

Unless you have purchased your Heartland FROM them.
Don't expect any kind of Warranty Service From Them.

I was told by the ASA Rep on this forum to get a hold of a dealer for warranty on my stereo/DVD player. Contacted Paradise RV First and was asked if I bought it there. Said No. Was then informed that since I didn't buy it from them, they were not obligated to do any kind of warranty work or repairs of any kind.

Pretty much the same from Western RV down the road from them.
Atleast Western told me they would sell me a new DVD unit and install it for me.

geeksrus

When I talked to Paradise in Red Deer about purchasing a replacement Apollo microwave/oven the parts person told me they would sell me one but wouldn't install it as I hadn't purchased my rig there.

I ended up purchasing the replacement in the U.S. and installed it myself which was easy.

Eh!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Unless you have purchased your Heartland FROM them.
Don't expect any kind of Warranty Service From Them.

I was told by the ASA Rep on this forum to get a hold of a dealer for warranty on my stereo/DVD player. Contacted Paradise RV First and was asked if I bought it there. Said No. Was then informed that since I didn't buy it from them, they were not obligated to do any kind of warranty work or repairs of any kind.

Pretty much the same from Western RV down the road from them.
Atleast Western told me they would sell me a new DVD unit and install it for me.

Unfortunatley this seems to be the norm for the RV industry. There have been many posts about this.

It would really say alot for Heartland if they could change this within their own dealership network. As progressive of a company that Heartland is-this would be one more feather in their cap.

With that said, I am not sure it would be very realistic though. The mindset of each indivual dealer would have to be changed. And some of these dealers are just plain RUDE.

DMitch

In my opinion there is only one solution to this problem. Heartland needs to weed out the selling dealers whose service is non-exsitant. It makes people go look for a deal somwhere else, no sense in paying top dollar locally for no service. Then when you purchase elsewhere no one wants to service the unit for you. It's a real problem and Heartland should be holding dealers feet to the fire for service. Just my 2 cents.

All the best,

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, it seems that SouthernNights is right. It is the industry norm. When we were looking for our fifthwheel, more than one dealer told me that they would not take care of me if I didn't purchase from them. They were not Heartland dealers. And changing the mindset of these people would be difficult at best. And in all honesty, if you don't support your local dealer, why would you expect them to support you? Just my thoughts.

Peace
Dave

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
How about a network of independent RV repair shops who are Heartland warranty authorized service centers. Then we would not have to go to a selling dealer for service we could go to an authorized service center. Just an idea.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jim, now that is a great idea. HL already does that to an extent. A few hurt pocket books just might make some of the "RUDE" dealers change there minds. 2cts.........Bob

jmgratz

It really makes me aggravated when a dealer refuses to work on a warranty issue as I have had it happen to me. Then I had to fix it myself. I feel like the dealership should be pulled from them when they feel like treating customers that way. I will never ever even if they are the last dealer on earth, even if I have to sleep in a tent, buy even a screw from a dealer like them.

Rigmover06

RV Dealerships

And in all honesty, if you don't support your local dealer, why would you expect them to support you? Just my thoughts.

I was going to buy my unit from them. But they were pushing financing and I wasn't in a mood to finance. I was paying cash for mine. And they didn't want to play ball.

So I took my ball and went elsewhere. As anybody in Western Canada can attest there are not that many Cyclone 3950"s to be had.

That was the floor plan mama wanted and thats what we were going to get.

But a Heartland Dealership is a Heartland Dealership. Just like Peterbilt or Dodge or whatever make you have.
You peddle the brand you fix the brand whether it was bought there or not.
Just my .02 worth on it is all.
Dan

nhunter

But a Heartland Dealership is a Heartland Dealership. Just like Peterbilt or Dodge or whatever make you have.
You peddle the brand you fix the brand whether it was bought there or not.
Just my .02 worth on it is all.
Dan[/quote]
You would think that they would use the chance at service to impress you and maybe sell you your next trailer, not tell you to take a hike. I'm with your peddle the brand analogy, I wouldn't expect to be put at the front of the line, but I expect to be in line. We have been bumped to the head of the line from our selling dealer before because we bought it there. I didn't buy from Western RV because they wanted a large sum of money for the same unit than did Field of RV Dreams, and they are owned by the same guy.

bill40

I had the same problem with a local dealer, the first time Heartland step in and I was able to get the warranty work done. Although I got a lecture on buying my unit in Ohio(didn't) and over paying, I figured I would try and support the local guy. Didn't work, had another small problem called for appointment, another lecture on the phone told the guy I don't need this. Found a local RV guy who is very good and much less on the hourley rate. Since that time we have bought a washer/dryer, tri-glide hitch, some leveling jacks and other items. All items that would have come from the dealer and installed their. So who is the loser? You can bet when we decide to step up to a Landmark I will shop around for the best deal regardless of where we need to pick it up.

buckeyebob

i dont know what im gonna do,as my dealer is suddenly NOT THERE anymore!~!!!!!jim may rv in findlay ohio is empty and all phone service disconnected,and web page etc!!!! buckeyebob

Rigmover06

Just a Follow up

Yesterday July 21 I went in person to Western RV in Leduc and talked to the warranty clerk. Armed with the information from the CSR from ASA Electronics that they would honor my warranty for my DVD player.

I let the warranty clerk know this, she took my information and said she had to talk to her shop foreman and manager,because I didn't purchase my unit from them it was going to be difficult to do this.

Today July 22 I received a call from the clerk telling me that both her manager and Service manager had refused to submit the paperwork to ASA for the warranty. Due to the fact they were not the selling dealer and they have no legal obligation to provide any service work to me or my HEARTLAND unit.

I made a phone call to the owner of Western RV who as of this posting has not returned my phone call or replied to the email I sent him.

Heartland can not force dealers to honor warranties because they are not franchisees. They are all independently owned and operated dealers.

I think this is garbage. We pay how many tens of thousands of dollars for these units and Heartland can't make these jokers play ball?

Rant finished. LOL:rolleyes:

BTW...
ASA Has stepped up to the plate. They are going to send me a DVD directly to me.
Have a kudos posting to this effect in the ASA Electronics Forum.
D

Last edited:

jmgratz

Contact ASA Electronics again and see if they have another dealer that will honor their warranty. It does not have to be a Heartland dealer or authorized by Heartland if the warranty is covered by ASA. You can also contact Heartland Customer Service to see if they have any suggestions. Next time you run into this situation just let the dealer that refused to service you know that no you did not buy the unit from them nor will you buy from them in the future as their service is non-exisistant. And no they do not have a legal duty to service you just a moral one. Also take not of post #4 on this forum link //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=80337#post80337

Wallace

Okay I will step in here..
I am a equipment dealer and this is something we face all the time...
However I am one of the far and few dealers that take all the work I can get no matter who you are or where you purchased your equipment.
I don't care if it is warranty work or busted knuckle work IT MONEY I US TO PAY MY BILLS WITH!!
I just don't get it..I look at it as another potential customer.

Maybe it's because I am young and not burnt out yet or may it's just because I haven't made enought to retire yet.

Well on another note I have been in contact with Heartland and I am trying to get set up as a servicing dealer even though we don't sell RV's (yet) I still sell enclosed and equipment trailers and have techs that can work on anything.

jmgratz

Hey how about that. Finally someone who wants to work. Congratulations. It is good to hear.

As a potential new Sundance customer I am concerned. We have been looking at upgrading our KZ TT for a 2900mk. My current trailer I almost bought in the U.S. but thought of warranty issues and did not. I should have as I have had none so feeling is I spent about an extra 12k than I could have. From all I have read many are like me and only keep their units for a few to 5 years then change. So the best thing to do is to tick off the customers so that maybe when I do upgrade in a couple years I definitely don't return. I guess these dealers don't need us the customers that badly. i work in the retail industry and the biggest and easiest part of the business is the return customer. Being in the same company for the last 13 years in sales the return customer is the easiest sale, as well as the referrals of these same folks. The dealers mentioned above are in my trading area and I have been looking outside as well. Some of my quotations make these dudes look like bandits. Time they sharpened their pencils and be more competitive and look after what they can so maybe they give me a reason to purchase from them the next time....

Lakeland RV

They are the dealer that has given me the best quotation so far.
How have they been to deal with if anyone has bought from them especially from Canada?

Rigmover06

Western RV

OKay folks,
Check this out.. Someone who is either employed with Western or has family working there lurks around this forum. I got a call from some service manager/writer telling me I had better retract my statements about their store.
" If I was too cheap to buy my Cyclone from a local dealer,I had better shut up about the lack of help I am getting from them. Their service is reserved for people who buy from them and I had better get used to it and find someplace else to work on my unit" Click.

That call came at 1530 this afternoon. Voicemail left on my truck phone.
They have my number on file from when I tried to get them to do the ASA warranty on my DVD/Stereo.
Nice group of people you think?????:mad::confused: