Short term absence

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey Heartland Gang, My Mom fell yesterday afternoon :eek: and broke her hip and a couple bones in her arm/wrist so I've been a little out of touch since then. I'll still have internet access but might be limited to the amount of time I have to view all the posts. Mom is 86 but pretty spry. Surgery later today and a couple weeks in a nursing home and they anticipate she'll be back in her apartment after that. In the meantime, I'll do what I can. See ya'll later.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Ray, I feel for your mom and hope surgery goes well. Take care of her. That is the important thing now.

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Ray; Hope everything goes well for your mom and you. Take good care of her. God Bless, take care Patti & Jon

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Ray,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom. Tell her she's got a whole "family" thinking about her.

Keith & Carol

Ray LeTourneau

Thanks for all the kind thoughts and prayers. Mom is in surgery as we "speak" and we're in the waiting room. The hospital has free wi-fi so I won't get bored. More Later.

Edd and Janet

Ray, sorry to hear about your mom. My mom gave me a scare Tuesday. She's 88....had a mini stroke. She's doing fine now and I hope you have the same outcome. Berry and I will be thinking of you and your mom.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Ray,
Sam and I prayers are with you. Let's pray that God will grant the doctors wisdom so your mom will have a speedy recovery.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ray and Lin
Sorry to hear about your mother. We hope she is doing well. Hang in there. We will pray for her.

We are in Custer South Dakota. Just pulled in about 3pm this afternoon and will be here about 17days. We do not have AT&T cell phone service so we will try to call you via the Skype internet phone.

Bob & Pat

2010augusta

Ray, Hope every thing went well and your mom recovers quickly. My grandmother broke her hip at the age of 87 and she just celebrated her 93 birthday last month.

Tom of Ypsi

Ray,

Hope everything goes well. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My mother will be 82 on Sunday.

Ray LeTourneau

Hey gang, Moms surgery went well. She had half a hip replacement along with some other repair to the area and both bones in her arm near her wrist were broken. She'll be released early next week to a skilled nursing facility for 4 to 6 weeks of therapy. She was pretty grouchy:eek: when she came out of surgery this afternoon. We let her get some sleep and went back in after supper. She was much better and in excellent spirits. She's got a long road ahead but I think she'll be fine.
Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers. You're a great bunch of friends.None

jimtoo

Hey Ray and Lin,

Good to hear of the successful surgery. We really hope everything goes good for her. The recovery will be a long process with many pains and trials. But tell her to keep her head up and keep on trying, it will work out.

It will not be easy for you guys, but hang in there.

Jim and Bette