Vent Cover Damage

trvlrerik

I have been blessed by the midwest thunderstorms and hail (3 times). The only damage suffered each time was the manual roof vent covers. The fantastic fan vent cover, a/c covers and satilite dish have never been touched by the hail. I have replaced the originals with dark shaded the first time and white colored vent covers the second time, both were VentLine brand and matched the original exactly.
Has anybody found a tougher vent cover or a way to protect them, for the time being I am just going to stick with plastic and duct tape, untill thunderstorm season is over.
Thanks
Erik Clark

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Maybe having MaxxAir vent covers over them is a good thing. I put them on my three vents.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I lost a vent cover on my 3055RL. The plastic got brittle from the hot Texas sun and it broke in half but I replaced it. As John said, the Maxxair covers would shield it from the sun and hail damage.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have the Max Air covers on ours and have been in hail a couple of times without damage.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
An advantage is being able to keep the Fantastic Fan going even if it's raining outside. When we're not at the trailer, I set the temp and leave it powered to keep it from getting too hot or "stale" inside.