Margarita Pie

2010augusta

this is a great summertime no-bake dessert. We make it in a 9x13 pan so it is thin, but a smaller pan will still work and you get a thicker pie.

Crust
1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels (about 6 oz by weight)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter (melted)

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and press into a lightly greased pan.

Filling
1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup lime juice
2 TBS tequila
2 TBS triple sec
1 pint of whipping cream
food coloring (optional)

Combine the condensed milk, lime juice, alcohol and coloring if desired in a large mixing bowl. Whip the cream until thickened and fold into the milk mixture until smooth.

Pour the filling into the crust, smooth out, cover, and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours. Enjoy.

Additional tequila and triple sec can be used for a bit more punch and a softer pie, but don't go above 3 TBS of each or else the pie might not set-up in the freezer.

Last edited:

2010augusta

It is a great sweet and salty snack. I sometimes sprinkle a little more salt on top of the crust before I pour in the filling. I love sweet and salty.

aktravler

Sounds Great! Perfect idea for me to make when the kids & their families come to the lake.

Of course, I will have to make a kids version. ;-)

Thanks for sharing...

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
2010augusta,

What a GREAT recipeNone I tried it this past weekend while we were camping at Chippokes Plantation. Everyone loved it:cool: Now I gotta make it again when we go camping next weekend.

Thanks for recipe.

Keith